Original Floyd help E to D

Updated
VortexMirage
Whatsup everyone, i've ran into difficulty and need a little help. I've been playin my M2 in standard E and it's been great, no prob, been usin GHS 9's, no prob, but today i broke a string, picked up a new pack, changed em out, and decided to go to dgcfad and got em all good, guitars perfectly in tune but the Floyd is so far back i cannot do any squeals, i can't pull back on the bar at all, its completely back as far as it can go, how can i fix it? ne help would be appreciated, thanks guys
___KC___

what the problem is, is that there is not enough string tension.
your MII's floyd rose was setup for E standard, not D. If you want to stay In D,
then you will have to adjust
the spring tension in the back of your guitar, and possibly even a new setup.

coyote

Also, if your tuning to D you might want to think about going to a thicker set of strings.

N3rdAl3rt

0]

VortexMirage

i fixed it, it's perfect
i don't want bigger strings, i like 9's too much
but the m2 is unbelievable, so easy to manipulate,

and what the fuck does an alien face mean???

the_emptier

just fix the tension, a set up is not needed. it takes two seconds. but you'll have to retune after you fix the tension

KH Guitar Freak

Those strings must be loose as fuck... :lol

load more replies (1 of 1)
VortexMirage

um...no
there is no clattering at all
i do not want bigger strings, i like it how it is, it works fine for what i am doing

hessian101

Bigger. Fucking. Strings. Now.:p

You must be picking like some variety of fairy/pixie. I put 10-46 on a friends guitar in Eb and my pick attack was so hard all you could hear was the strings clattering against any number of guitar parts.

Bigger strings. Do it.

+1

The strings might be physically bigger, but It will feel the same as if you were using 9's in E standard.

Post to Thread