Vintage Plus

Updated
Fikealox
Hi guys, I'm suffering major GAS for a Vintage Plus. Mainly for the black distressed model, but I could easily live with the other maple-neck version. I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them, and if you could give me your thoughts. How do you think it is in terms of value for money, what's the neck like, etc etc. Thanks in advance, -Liam :)
RejecterSR

hey Liam
whats Gas mean?

excellent necks for the guitar, not my style though, but its top notch.
like all ESP's, high price tag, but it lasts x1000000000 times longer than it's competitors, i might get one if i win the lottery or become famous. get a custom copied version of Yngwie Malmsteen's but in a cooler color. I just want it so it'd be better than his since it's an ESP.

but really, what does gas and IMO mean?

dittohead

IMO - In my Opinion

GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome

Fikealox

Thanks guys :) I guess I'll start the saving... I'm so lusting for one of these guitars. Maybe I'll sell my h1000 and my Taylor, haha. Argh!

Gfunk

Yaay

Bouncepogo

you played a strat before? is not i would go and try some out and see if you like em, they are a lot different to a h series.

Fikealox

Oh yeah, I like 'em. I've never been too sure how I felt about single-coils, but I'm almost obliged to get a strat given my rampant Pink Floyd addiction, hehe.

Thanks Gfunk, I didn't see that thread before. Your vintage looks awesome O_o

CL4P-TP

Cool stuff. What are the pickups in the one you just bought?

Fikealox

It's coming with the standard SSL1 set incase I want to change, but its installed with a Super Distortion bridge, SSL1 middle, and Chopper neck. I'm planning to change them out with BKPs eventually, but I'm curious to see what the dimarzios sound like :)

CL4P-TP

I love Dimarzios. I was looking into Bareknuckles too, but with currency exchange rates, and the dollar being worth shit, it's not happening anytime soon.

BigSillyGoose

Any clips of the super distortion in the bridge?

Fikealox

Oh, I haven't received it yet :) When it arrives I'll record something for you guys. And yeah, Bareknuckles are pretty pricey for us in Aus, too, so I'm probably going to have to wait a while before I change 'em :(

Cman732

nice axe
if you dont mind me asking how much did you get it for ?

Fikealox

I got it for $1900au shipped with the diMarzios (and the stock SDs) and the hardcase. It's used, but just by one of the guys that works at bmusic, the store where I bought it :)

Whipfan

I have the Black one which i bought last year, and I LOVE IT!!! I mean I think they blow away a Fender strat easily, I have a strat also but the ESP is by far better, the only GRIPE with it is the pickups, I had to put a HOTRAILS in it, it was just TOO weak sounding with the stock pickups, now it screams, I WISH they would do the Humbucker/Single/Single config. I also would like to get one with a Floyd. I loved Degarmo and Wilton's back during the Empire days. The Vintage plus is a great guitar and worth every penny. I met Michael Wilton again last night at the Lake Tahoe show and he said he was interested in getting one of the White or the RED ones they are coming out with this year., I may do the same.

load more replies (1 of 1)
espdood

I had a Vintage plus. Great quality guitar and yes..the bridge pickup is very weak and I suggest to change it to whatever is to your liking, although the stock Duncan ssl-1' in the neck position sounds perfect. To be honest, only thing I prefer over it is the Fender Yngwie Malmsteen for the feel of the scalloped neck and for the Dimarzio's.

khingpynn

I'm gassin over a white distressed Vintage Plus but that burst is a looker.

Fikealox

It just arrived today. I am in love :D I've had quite a few great guitars, and this one blows them away in my opinion. Its neck is exactly what I've been looking for :D

1point8t

That is indeed a great feeling (finding THE guitar)

CL4P-TP

Did it have the DiMarzio's installed or were they swapped already?

Post to Thread