I Want an ESP / LTD Guitar, but i need help.

Updated
Cman732
Hey everybody i want to get m first esp or ltd guitar to had to my collection. I'm not sure what i want though. I really dig the LTD Gl-256. I play blues, Hard rock (ac/dc, van halen, Led zeppelin etc etc), classic rock, metal basically everything, but flamenco :p I've been talking to 1point8t about the Gl-256 and i almost have my mind settled on that. any help is appreciated
Dilzdo21

sounds good for what you wanna play, its got the humbucker!

jaymz097

A great choice for your style. Can't beat the price for that one too. Do they come with Seymour Duncan Pearley Gates in the bridge? ESP neck and middle? You can change those and still be far less money than a Vintage series.

Cman732

A great choice for your style. Can't beat the price for that one too. Do they come with Seymour Duncan Pearley Gates in the bridge? ESP neck and middle? You can change those and still be far less money than a Vintage series.

i believe its all esp pickups the humbucker too, but i can still change it. It's a great price

Fikealox

Looks nice :)

1point8t

Take the plunge man, pick one up. Even if you end up hating it (which I guarantee you won't), you could flip it on ebay for pretty much what you paid for it. Very upgradeable guitar with a great feel. I love my GL.

Cman732

Take the plunge man, pick one up. Even if you end up hating it (which I guarantee you won't), you could flip it on ebay for pretty much what you paid for it. Very upgradeable guitar with a great feel. I love my GL.

i think i will, it was my birthday today so i got alot of cash to blow :-p

load more replies (1 of 1)
1point8t

Happy birthday man!

Cman732

Happy birthday man!

thanks brotha

Cman732

Ok good news on my quest for the best haha
the sam ash near my house has 1 ltd Gl-256 in stock im going to try it out sunday can't wait.

Cman732

Ok so the next question is I will probably switch out the humbucker thats in the bridge.
i want a passive pickup in there. What should i replace it with ?

1point8t

I like the JB for most old school 80's metal and earlier hard rock. Didn't EVH use an old Gibson hum in his old white striped guitar used on VH1? I thought you were aiming for that kind of sound...

Cman732

I like the JB for most old school 80's metal and earlier hard rock. Didn't EVH use an old Gibson hum in his old white striped guitar used on VH1? I thought you were aiming for that kind of sound...

yeah he did i was thinking a JB mself too
the esp version of this has a pearly gates pickup maybe that im not sure but proabably a Jb
BTW how are the stock pickups ?

SpiderPig

Where do you live? If you live in europe, buy the white M400 from Musik Produktiv

Cman732

Where do you live? If you live in europe, buy the white M400 from Musik Produktiv

no i dont live in europe. i live in philly. Well i'm going to try the GL-256 tomorrow if they have that model there then i'll certainly try it out.

Cman732

All right i played the GL-256 today and i was impressed by the quality and playability the action was pretty high though but nothing a good setup can't fix. If the gl-256 was good i wonder what the esp gl-56 would be like ! i'm still not sure on buying it though

Post to Thread