Guitar Center

Updated
InVinoVeritasXXX
Holy shit, I went to Guitar Center in OKC and there was an Eclipse II there. I had run in for a capo (something I will probably use rarely, but hey, at least I'll have one), and some strings for my girlfriend's never-used guitar (that way there's two things to finger when we're hanging out at her house! Always good to have options), and there was a cherry Eclipse staring right at me. I took it down and held it but alas, I had said girlfriend with me, who is lovely in all regards but doesn't play any instruments, and it was also very busy, so I decided I'd return another time to play it. Has anyone else sighted any ESPs at Guitar Centers? I'd never buy another guitar from there, but I'm not familiar with any shops that carry ESP in this shitty state, so at least now I can try one out for myself (and screw it up without worry) and see if I'd like the neck stuck to these mystic pieces of wood.
nivek41

"and screw it up without worry" The very reason why buying a guitar from guitar center sucks.

Perhaps you can try and NOT screw it for the person who will actually buy the guitar?

moosemeister

Hell no the one in Phoenix doesnt carry ESP. I go there all the time when I go to Phoenix and they NEVER have ESP's. I have to go to a local dealer and mess around because the ones here in Yuma don't carry them either.

Thats why all of my purchases are online. Fuck these places.

Gravy Tank

Hell no the one in Phoenix doesnt carry ESP. I go there all the time when I go to Phoenix and they NEVER have ESP's. I have to go to a local dealer and mess around because the ones here in Yuma don't carry them either.

Shit, nowhere up north carries ESPs either. Youre lucky if you see an LTD pop up every now and then, but its usually just a 200 series or less.

Piney Hills Music

small dealers ftw!!!

:lol:

now that wasnt a loaded frigin post...

load more replies (1 of 1)
ZULND3R

yea guitar center doesn't carry esp at all.... Sam Ash does but thats the only big chain I know of that has it... (i hate guitar center by the way... anything you buy from there is absolute crap)

OutlawTorn

yea guitar center doesn't carry esp at all.... Sam Ash does but thats the only big chain I know of that has it... (i hate guitar center by the way... anything you buy from there is absolute crap)

ive seen 1 in a guitar center by me, a used Eclipse Custom Series, someone in that store fuked it up though, but .12 gauge strings on it and didnt set it up for it, neck was beat up......it was an older guitar as well, quilted teal finish

CL4P-TP

The only thing I've seen at GC from ESP are some low end used LTD's.

seal se7en

True, Sam Ash does carry ESPs. The Mesa Boogie Store has them too, but the one over here in Hollywood stop selling ESPs because Sam Ash was right next door. Guitar Center doesn't carry ESPs because they made a deal with Dean Guitars and Schecters, at least that's what one of the employees said. Although Sam Ash does carry Dean Guitars and Schecters, but I've only seen about 3 or 4 per store.

InVinoVeritasXXX

Went up there today sans girlfriend and the guitar had been sold, and i found it had belonged to an employee, thus Guitar Center doesn't carry ESP. Lameness. But I held that thing for like fucking three seconds and the mysticness of its wood was readily apparent. I will find somewhere around here with Eclipses to try, I swear it...

Justin

Haha you played some employees guitar? Nice ;]
I see some used ESP's there every now and then. I think it's stupid how they don't carry esp. They wonder why they never get any buisness xD

DyersEve87

Haha you played some employees guitar? Nice ;]
I see some used ESP's there every now and then. I think it's stupid how they don't carry esp. They wonder why they never get any buisness xD
Thats odd, every time I go there its packed, i guess they're doing something right, I only go there for EMGs when i need them.

Piney Hills Music

from what I understand, ESP chooses not to sell them ESP, only LTD...

I think it has to do with Sam Ash being thier Top Dog...

Pharaoh

it was explained to me that the loophole is Musicians Friend. Since GC owns them, they can shift inventory to stores occasionally. But GC themselves are not dealers.

Could you imagine the wait times? ESP is bad enough with meeting time dealines and having to fill an entire other chain of stores would just throw that back even further. (On top of all the 'scratch/dent/damage/missing hardware' returns having to be dealt with from a GC)

Considering the condition of most GC gear on a wall, I'm glad ESP chooses to not go there.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Dilzdo21

guitar center takes trades, they dont sell esp

Piney Hills Music

guitar center rarely carries anything high end other than Fender, Gibson, and PRS..
they carry a smidgeon of upper end Ibbys...
but USA jacksons are rare, and ESP isnt a company that they can sell.

once again, i load my reply...

"small dealers, in louisiana (north louisiana that is) that carry cool stuff, FTW!!!)

:lol

Post to Thread