Eclipse II weight ???

Updated
jboy500
I have an EC-400vf, wich is a beast, and i wanted to know how the Eclipse II compares weight wise. I love the EC/Eclipse shape just want something lighter. Nobody in my area carries the ESP line so i can't compare them, i am turning to you all for advice. I don't want to spend a $1000 for no reason. Thanks. Jay
Rich

I never weighed mine, but I'm going to guess they are around seven pounds. They are not heavy guitars because they are not full thickness, I'm sure you would be fine.

BoD

I have the Eclipse ll and I'll say that it's much lighter than my gibson.;)

giftednmusic

If you pick one up thinking it should be a bit heavy, your going to be dissapointed. The Eclipse's are much lighter than their counter part (Gibsons) and thats a good thing! We have several ESP dealers here in my area and I just picked up one yesterday and played it for a bit. They are about as heavy as any normal (alder or mahoganey) body guitar. It feels a little weird because they look the part of a much heavier guitar. The pay off is in the comfort of these instruments because the lighter weight is by far a better thing when your on that instrument for long periods of time. Hope this helps! Now, order me one in ACSB! :)

espdood

My Gibson was about 8-9 pounds and my Eclipse II was much much lighter than that. Someone else on this board weighed his Eclipse II and said it was around 4 pounds. So it's pretty much half the weight of a regular Gibson, which feels about right.

Rich

4 pounds seems way too light, but I could be wrong. it seems to be a tiny bit heavier than my kh-2, which is alder.

and the acsb is amazing, Giftednmusic

MikeC

My scales saying 9 pounds.
My Dean is about 8 pounds, and the EC is heavier, so I guess it could be correct.

jboy500

If the Eclipse II is close to say, fender strat weight than i'll buy it. MY ec-400vf is heavey, just over 10 LB's. i'm really contemplating the Eclipse II especialy if its as light as you guys say it is.

load more replies (1 of 1)
coyote

I just weighed my eclipse at 8.5 pounds

Rich

I weighed both my eclipses on a regular scale so it's not very accurate. Both seem to weigh in somewhere around 8 pounds.

But...
+, - 2 pounds for possible error/inaccuracy, and its about 6-10 pound range. I'm a small guy, 5'6 about 140 pounds and I play at band practice standing up for 3 hours straight and it doesn't bother me. I also go nuts when I play shows(30-45 min) and the weight doesn't bother me. I doubt you will find the guitar heavy.

StaticRoute

I played an EC-400VF in the store and ordered the Eclipse II online based on that. I was pretty surprised at how much lighter the Eclipse II was. I've had it for a week now and I'm pretty happy with it so far.

TheDevilHimself

My Eclipse is the CTM1-VBK. I say that because I am not sure the US version has the same specs.

AFAIK the US version is all mahagony, whereas the CTM1 has a maple cap.
Anybody know for sure?

Mine weighs 3,7 kg. That is 8.1 lbs.

Butch

@ Threadstarter:

Reds FTW!

Post to Thread