Emg Quick Connect Questions

Updated
seal se7en
I understand that EMG pups have quick connect so I need a couple of questions answer since I don't know much about EMGs... I am interested in switching my black EMG pups to white ones, and I'm guessing that I can just connect the white EMGs to the wires that the black ones had, right? Is this quick connect? Since the EMG 89 is a split coil pickup, I'm guessing one cannot just quick connect to where the wires of an 81 or 85 use to be, would I have to have it professionally installed or mod? Has anyone here tried out the new EMG 81 split coil pickup? sound good (split)? should I just get an 81 instead of an 89? -Thanks Guys.
ToRo Pj0tR

I understand that EMG pups have quick connect so I need a couple of questions answer since I don't know much about EMGs...

I am interested in switching my black EMG pups to white ones, and I'm guessing that I can just connect the white EMGs to the wires that the black ones had, right? Is this quick connect?

Since the EMG 89 is a split coil pickup, I'm guessing one cannot just quick connect to where the wires of an 81 or 85 use to be, would I have to have it professionally installed or mod?

Has anyone here tried out the new EMG 81 split coil pickup? sound good (split)? should I just get an 81 instead of an 89?

-Thanks Guys.

Yes, the quick connect enables you to just pop in the new pickups, except the 89 and the 81TW, for which you need to change the pot and install the different quick connect wires...

And the 81TW sounds like the EMG S when split, so it should sound really good!!! I haven't played one yet, but the 89 split(EMG SA) sounds superb...

indytruckboy

i thought the coil-tap models have a second quick-connector as well as the standard one....

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread