M-II finaly arrived...

Updated
shivering_shade
well... u might remember me... i was the one complaining about waiting for the guitars... in the end.. only one arrived... anyway... i must say its a realy amazing guitar... the sound, the feel... just what i was expecting from ESP.... but there are some bugs on it... it keeps going out if tune when i use floyd, not to much, but its realy bothering me... i tought that wont happend with this guitar... ok maybe the strings are bad, but they are new(DR 11's)... P.S. im proud to be an owner of an ESP guitar:)
MikeC

Ha dude, didn't you just comment me on myspace? lol.

Nice axe dude, looks good.

wiseguy

I know this is a stupid question but I gotta ask. Is your locking nut LOCKED DOWN? I know if I forget to clamp that thing down my MII goes out pretty quick using the floyd. But locked I can dive bomb all day long with no major issues.

shivering_shade

o yes... i did post on your myspace:)

Helldragon

Another stupid question:
Saying you've got new strings on there.. did you stretch them enough??

espdood

I have an M-II with duncans, but its pretty much the same as your guitar. That thing stays in tune so well and I barely need to adjust it. IS this your first time using a floyd? If so..here are the summary of what we're all trying to tell you...

1.make sure your new strings are stretched
2.lock down the 3 nuts at the end of your neck.
3.quit complaining and enjoy your guitar!

shivering_shade

ok ppl... problem solved... the trick is tha i didnt change the strings, i took it to a local guitar workshop... and i had the neck adjusted(it was to lose), and i asked for restringing(in to D standard)... guess all u were right, the nuts wre not locked, i cheked with my fingers, they seemd OK... but when i used the screw(or how do u call it) i found out they were not totaly locked... damn... that makes me look like a dumbass:)

anyway... thanks...

MV-CTM

sexcellent

espdood

Sweet!! Enjoy your guitar!

ESPRockBeast

Your tech probably left your nut locks only finger tight so the strings could stretch out before you locked it down tight

wiseguy

No Worries! Sometimes the simple things get overlooked.

SHREAD TILL YOUR FINGERS BLEED!

z1n

Man that M-II is nice! I called my dealer and he said he could order me one. How long you think it would take if I tell him to order one? I think I'm gonna go with the bolt on maple board. I don't think I can go wrong though whichever I decide. Yours is awesome and I love the way they did the back of the neck on the nt rosewoods.

jaymz097

Congrats on the M-II and your independence.

shivering_shade

well it depends where u live... here are no ESP dealers in serbia... so i oredered it form a store in wisconsin... and i waited for months! so... ask him... he should know best how long u r gonna wait...o.. and the price got up to 2100 bucks... cuz i had to pay customs and taxes to my country... and soo on....

P.S. my is bolt on too... think u made a mistake:)

z1n

Ah yea I thought it was the NT version.

Did you ever change the strings on it or is it still going out of tune? You may need to add more springs to it and make sure the tremolo is sitting in the pocket level with the body.

Post to Thread