Please Help with pickup choices for my new ESP M-1

Updated
chrisjd
I have my new alder bodied/ebony board ESP M-1 comming in a day or two. The guitar comes stock with 1 emg 81 in the bridge. My Framus Cobra and Dragon HATE the emg 81. My mahogony bodied guitars sound good with the 85 going through the framus heads, and AWESOME with my SD distortion pickups. I wasn't a huge fan of the blackouts. I dont know if i should swap my 81 for an 85, or just pull all the emg components out and throw in another duncan distortion, custom, alternative 8or dimarzio super 3. maybe a tom anderson or bareknuckle? Should i be putting a darker pickup in an alder guitar? I really want thick and cutting. I need a lot of midrange as well, i like a grinding tone. I DUNNO!!!!
Diurno

In my ESP SV (alder body) i felt the 81 sounding like a razor...so i change it with the 85: another world! Now she's perfect!:rollin

Bridge The Void

85 or 89, that'd be my first choice in a single pickup guitar.

Ignoramus

Just a suggestion, but you may want to just wait until you get the guitar and decide after several days of playing it. You may just surprise yourself.

Somewhat related, I swapped out the ESP humbucker in my M-II Deluxe with a SD Invader. Righteous! And better as it gets louder.

MV-CTM

invader =3

borkthrone

gibson 500 - T

load more replies (1 of 1)
RejecterSR

Blackout ne1?

andrei

EMG... 81

at least, like Ignoramus sayd, give it a shot... you're searching for pup's and haven't even heard the guitar yet.

Post to Thread