SS Viper vs SS Eclipse FT

Updated
espsy
Im thinkin of selling my SS Viper and i got an Eclipse FT on the way. Which do you think will sound beefier???
Fordman65

Im thinkin of selling my SS Viper and i got an Eclipse FT on the way. Which do you think will sound beefier???

:confused:

If you already own the viper and have the EC on the way why don't you just do a comparision on your own and keep the one you like more?

report back your findings.

espsy

guess im just getting ahead of myself, Ive also got an Eclipse II STBC that ive been using alot more recently, it sounds less top end harsh than the viper to my ears, but that could be the rosewood fingerboard. Im just worried that the FT will sound the same as the Viper with them both having ebony fingerboards. but the thickness of the body might compensate for that but i dunno..???

slate

i think you'll be surprised...
i have 5 SG's of varying makes , including a ss viper (and have owned many more ) and a couple of LP's , and in my experience SG's actually have more bottom end than LP's .
sometimes the maple on LP's just shouts too loud and overpowers the mahogany - they can sound remarkably thin and nasally .
i'd wait and do a shootout as fordman says .

espsy

Thanks for your help guys :D

Shreddy

I love my viper, and ive never played an FT eclipse, but im thinking the LP will have more "beef" to it.

sean106OCD

FT > Viper IMO:p

5150-Viper

i have owned a gibson les paul custom, gibson sg standard, mh400, mh400nt, h-500, prs singlecut, les paul studio and a EC 400.. i currently have a Viper 400, and for low end the viper literally blows them all out of the water... Initially i would think the les paul, being bigger would have more beef. but in my experience it doesn't. Id say hold on to that viper until you are sure. All these guitars i have played through the same 5150 with a krankenstien cab, so my answer should be less bias.

Fordman65

i have owned a gibson les paul custom, gibson sg standard, mh400, mh400nt, h-500, prs singlecut, les paul studio and a EC 400.. i currently have a Viper 400, and for low end the viper literally blows them all out of the water... Initially i would think the les paul, being bigger would have more beef. but in my experience it doesn't. Id say hold on to that viper until you are sure. All these guitars i have played through the same 5150 with a krankenstien cab, so my answer should be less bias.

Thats not exactly a fair comparision. The LPC has passives and the viper has EMG's, put the EMGs in the LPC and I promise your results will be different. My LPC smoked my old SS viper. Not only tone but feel. The Viper neck dives like a fat pig unless you move the strap button and the neck is thin as hell especially at the nut. I much prefer the LPC, so my guess is I would prefer the Eclipse.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread