ESP Alexi Booster?

Updated
ESP Alexi Booster?
Hey does anyone here own/have played either an ESP Alexi Sawtooth/Scythe or the Edwards versions equipped with the MM-04 Preamp booster? I've always wondered how that mod sounds for that guitar.
brianhaaake

well i have the scythe. the edwards version. without the booster and it sounds amazing. the one with the booster was 200 more dollars so idk. it just adds more gain i think can tbe that big of a difference but we wont know until we try it lol

Kannon

I think it may be just hype too. The booster is probably pretty similar to an EMG Afterburner or PA2 but with a frequency sweep.

I should get the Edwards Scythe...got a contact in Japan too, so... hmmmmm.....

the_emptier

HERE

Kannon

HERE

Thanks. I might wind up getting the booster with a Scythe or something sometime or just putting it into one of my existing guitars if it sounds good enough.

Kannon

I've seen these dudes' listings before yeah. I first saw them on ebay actually, before that I didn't know about the little add-on.

the_emptier

yeah, i've wanted these guitars forever and like over a year ago i would look at them on ebay and look them up. and it's the same people selling em, usually they don't even sell.

where do you live btw?

Kannon

Connecticut, US. I have family and contacts in Japan though so getting non-US ESPs for me isn't THAT hard...just a pain in the ass.

the_emptier

oh lucky. on ebay sure it's easy but getting, say, jackson stars, or all overseas esp stuff, i can forget about

Kannon

Yeah but either way it's expensive. I looked into getting a Forest GT shipped over here and it was like, well over 2 grand. The Edwards models however are more reasonable though. I'm seriously thinking about a Scythe and a Dir en grey sig (Kaoru's Ganesa VIII).

But, for that I could like, buy a PRS with a 10 top that both me and my girl could enjoy, so... >.>

brianhaaake

that link to that ebay seller, hes who i bought my alexi scythe from. if you are going to buy one or the sawtooth get it from him hes a great seller, o and make sure u have a 100 dollars the day usps drops it off at your house bc its a 100 dollars at ur door for customs fees

Greatdeceiver

How about someone who has a V equipped with MM04 posts some clips? ;)

Post to Thread