ESP Horizon

Updated
ESP Horizon

I just bought an ESP Horizon FR-II Black Aqua. I am from Costa Rica and I bought it online, so I couldn't test it. The guitar is coming from USA. I want to know experiences of the current users of ESP Horizon...are you satisfied? I am expecting the best of the best!!! Was it a good choise?

Dire

Any way to confirm that? I assumed the ltd's weren't made in japan and had ltd printed on the head stock. 

Hmmmmm.... Hope I didn't goof up here.

Pushead

Those pictures don't do much to help, but the headstock shape seems "off."  The logo looks pretty bad, and is placed awkwardly.  The model name decal is in the wrong place, and the truss rod cover looks to be wrong, too.

I'd be very wary.  Luckily GC has a pretty good return policy.

Dire

Alright, the guitar is going to be here shortly and with questioning of its authenticity I will get as many pictures as I can and create a new forum with the change of topic at hand. Hopefully with all the experts here someone will be able to let me know. Should I also contact esp?

Dire

Okay!! I have the guitar, looks nice... though its hollow?

I created a new post in the technical support forum; I hope that was the correct place for this.

And thank you so much for the help!!

Dire

Okay, I know I kinda hijacked this post...

Still searching for info on that other guitar but in the mean time I made another order (am I experiencing a brief spending problem?).

I just placed an order on Reverb for a 2012 ESP Horizon FR ii for  $1295

I thought it was just gorgeous and have been reading great things about ESP guitars. Like I said these rescent purchases are my first outside of Fenders, Gibson, ets... Which is odd considering these are pretty much the only guitars you see Metallica playing on... And while my musical tastes have changed quite a bit, I was absolutely obsessed with that band 14 years ago when I was in high school... jesus... 14 years... that hurt

Just posting because I am curious to hear what your thoughts and experiences are with this guitar. Did I make a wise decision? How do you like your FR ii now that you have had some time with it Alex?

Dire

Hey Guys,

Sorry to keep bothering. The guitar came in and plays great and is just beautiful!

I had another quick question and did some looking around but not quite finding what I am looking for.

Do you know if there is a tremolo sleeve or mount sold for these floyd rose bridges that uses a retaining screw and a bushing to adjust the tension on the arm. Allowing it to hang freely without any vibration. Something like you would see on a bridge for strats, G&L or prs wilkinson type bridges. I notice definite vibration in the arm on certain notes no matter how tight I have it. I also like to let it hang but with a little pressure from the retaining screw to prevent vibration. This is because if it is tight it doesnt move and is not always in the same spot especially after accessing pots or pickup selectors. When I let it hang a little loose it is always in the same spot when I reach for it.

Darryl M.

From the pictures I'm pretty sure this one is legit, but you guys know how it is now. So many fakes out there and who the hell can afford to blow the better part of a grand on some glorified balsa wood. Plus you lot seem to have great eyes, so I figured I'd run it past you all for a final say.

So, what do you think of this rather handsome Horizon?

Finally here's a picture of a case that has been... Yeah. Why do people do that?

Pushead

It's fine.

Darryl M.

Thanks Pushead. We need to get you some kind of 'Pushead Seal of Approval' JPEG that you can use, because we're all pretty much asking for your nod on these things.

I pulled the trigger and bought her.

Cost me £650. To put that in perspective, a new Horizon typically costs anywhere between £1400 and £1700 in the UK and second hand they typically go for £800 to £900. She's absolutely stunning, just like my Eclipse and my two Edwards'.

Pushead

Post to Thread