- Playing music and snowboarding
- Gear (Amps, Pedals, etc):
- 1 Takamine acoustic, 1 Fender strat, 1 Kramer Ferrington acoustic bass, 1 '70's Ludwig blue Vistalite drumkit, 1 '60's Coronet jazz drumkit, 1 Fender BXR 300-C bass amp, 1 '60's Dean Markely guitar amp, 1 Mackie P.A. system, and 1 dedicated music room in my house
- Favorite Guitar/Bass Player:
- John Entwhistle, Curt Cobain, and Slash
- About me:
- I was a drummer in high school (late 70's) until about '82 when I switched to bass and bought a '78 Fender Precision which I had to sell four years ago to pay the rent (heartbreak). I played bass in quite a few original rock/early punk/funk/psychedelic acid/fusion bands on the the west coast of Canada and the U.S.A. until about '95 when one of the band members Od'd and died; That ended our record label interest. In June 1997 I had a right hand injury involving a table saw, three of four fingers were sawn almost off so I couldn't play bass at all. Bummer! I had my first daughter in December of '97 and then another in 2001 so that kept me busy. I did however get back into playing drums (I could hold onto sticks okay but I couldn't pluck bass strings with the messed up hand very well). I've been playing drums ever since because a good friend is a bassist. Now I play in a cover band, we play tunes from the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's... up to current and have 4 sets worth of material. I've been moaning about having to sell my Fender P. I had it for nearly 40 years! and It was mint! So since then I've played dozens of basses (and guitars) in a bunch of guitar stores and not found a bass that I really liked until the ESP LTD B4E. Its absolutely gorgeous and sounds awesome! it's a few kinds of mahogany and maple with a natural satin clear finish that is incredibly smooth and silky. I like the black-chrome bridge and knobs and the active electronics too. This bass sounds amazing! After raving about what an amazing bass it is to my wife, she went and bought it and surprised me with it for Christmas...WHAT!!! HOLY SH--! I almost fell over when I saw it standing by the tree! I'll never give up playing drums but now I gotta find another band to play bass in.
I took my new ESP LTD B-4E bass in to Long & McQuade in N. Van. to get it dialed in and new strings put on. I played it a ton over the last few days and discovered some fret buzzing. Even though I could probably set it up......MORE »