Tremolo on EC-1000?

Updated
Jon C.

Got a 2007 model EC1000 with the stock bridge on it.  I had noticed that Duesenberg makes a easy to install tremolo for Les Paul style guitars.   However, it looks like the spacing on my EC1000 is slightly wider than a Les Paul and that the Duesenberg might not fit.   Was curious if there was anything similar or an easy way to add one to the EC1000?   I'm aware of the Kahler bridges and like them but they are very expensive.   

jb b.

Hey man same here can't find crap for a tremolo for the ec-1000's. They don't even offer any tremolo parts that would fit these les pauls style guitars. But I've researched quite extensively about this, and I've found some decent alternatives that should work. First one I'd recommend would be a Bigsby b7 with that plate thingy that connects the bigbsy to the already installed holes of the tail piece. Another interesting one is the Stetsbar tremolo for LP guitars, I saw someone add this to their ec-1000 and it work great and fit perfect. And you can always just buy a Floyd Rose FRX (different type for Les Pauls..) Not much drilling for this type of Floyd rose tremolo system, only problem is that it costs around $340-$400. I wish there were some good Floyd Rose FRX cheaper alternatives that would work almost as good as the real thing. Please update me ! i'll do the same. The ESP Customer service is awfully slow and their rules are beyond dumb compared to the big name companies, like Fender, Gibson,Music man Ernie ball, etc, etc.

I'd recommend you just sell your ltd guitar about buy a used or new Gibson studio which sounds better than these guitars, and another dumb aspect of this company is I can't even look up serial numbers by myself lol (literally every big name guitar company allows this). Does your EC-1000 always have fret buzz even after truss rod adjustment, bridge adjustment, basically the all basic setup didn't do a thing for it. No wonder these guitars only sell for $300-$500 used when they retail at about 900-thousand, and those "used" guitars are in perfect shape. Just look at Reverb for this fact.

jb b.

yeah they might guitars with tremolo systems but not parts, that was my whole point of the matter. Every other brand makes individual tremolo parts, and guitars with different tremolos (which is basic)

Jon C.

I actually ordered the Duesenberg Les Trem II for my EC-1000 after measuring my guitar with the stop bar taken off.    When I actually measured center to center on the stop bar holes it was the same as it would be for a Les Paul.   I think it'll bolt right up and it's supposed to be very easy to do.   I'm not a dive bomber and generally don't like Floyds, so this one or a Bigsby would be more my style and speed.    I did look at the Stetsbar and might have gone that route had it been cheaper.   The Duesenberg unit was only around $130 where the Stetsbar would have been more than twice that.   I'll let you guys know how it works.   

jb b.

Awesome you found a lot of good info I could use too! Thanks for replying man! I had no idea Stetsbars were over $150.. I'll look for a Duesenberg then. Are you in the States (USA)? You know more than ESP about their own guitars lol, I was wanting to know if the EC-1000 series guitars have the same measurement as a les paul gibson on the body for months. I love divebombing personally, but don't do it a whole lot. Yes please update me or use about the Duesenberg! Oh one more thing where did you get it at?? like what website?? Thanks man, your more helpful than those ESP forum workers lol.

Jon C.

Let me clarify the price on Stetsbar and Duesenberg both.   The Stets I would have gotten for my guitar was the black chrome one, which would have matched the hardware on my guitar.   That one was around $270.   I believe the regular Stets is basic chrome and that one was around $225.   You can get Duesenbergs for as cheap as $80 or $90 in chrome or nickel finish.   I got the gold one, which I think will look awesome with my guitar's emerald green finish.  I have the option later to replace the locking tuners with gold ones to match it if I like.    The gold one was around $130, but the shipping was free.   That's a great thing given that it's coming from France.   As soon as I get this thing and get it installed I'll let you guys know how it worked for sure.    

ian m.

The Les Trem ii is an easy quick installation. Cheaper than a Bigsby, better in my opinion, and interchangeable.

Jon C.

You are correct Ian, the Les Trem II was a very easy install.   There was basically nothing to it.   All you gotta do is screw the thing down and re-string your guitar.   I just finished mine and got my new strings all stretched.   This thing works great and is very smooth.   The tuning stability is very good both going down and pulling up.   WIth the gold hardware it does look phenomenal against my emerald green EC1000.   I'll post a pic in the next couple of days.

I'm surprised more EC and Les Paul owners haven't done this.   If you're wanting a dive bomber, this definetly isn't it.   But if you like a gentler vibrato then this is great.   It cost me $130 for the gold one, but if the chrome or nickel would work for you then it would be less than $100.   

Jon C.

Here's the picture of my gold Les Trem installed on my EC1000.   This thing works great! 

Post to Thread