Difference in ESP Horizon models (FR and FR-II)?

Updated
FERILVCE

Hey fellas,

I have the opportunity to buy a real nice used black ESP Horizon FR from 2007 in mint condition. I've been thinking about adding a Horizon model to my collection for quite some time now after getting my hands on a 2012 ESP Eclipse II FR last year.

I have a few questions for which I couldn't find answers and most of you guys are obvious experts:

1.) What is the difference between the Horizon and Horizon II models? (The difference between Horizon and Horizon III is apparent to me)
2.) What is the difference between the Horizon FR and Horizon FR-II models?
3.) Has Floyd Rose improved their trem system since 2007? Would a FR system from 2007 be inferior to today's FR?

I appreciate your help. \m/
Thx in advance!

Pushead

In the Eclipse line, the difference between the I and II models was a fancy maple top. I believe in the Horizon line the difference between the I and II models is that the I is made completely of alder and the II is mahogany with a maple top. I checked the product archives here on the website, but the only catalogs they have are the North American version. The Europe/Asia/Aus would show the Horizon I guitars as well.

The performance of the Floyd Rose wouldn't have changed. It all depends on how well the previous owner(s) took care of it.

ESP Guitars

Hello, the difference between the Horizon and Horizon II is the body woods and pickup configuration, the Horizon-I is made of Alder and has a Humbucker/Single setup vs the Horizon-II with the Humbucker/Humbucker layout while made of Mahogany. However, the Horizon-I utilizes the Seymour Duncan Cool/Hot Rails, which are essentially a humbucker in a single coil sized pickup. The Horizon FR vs Horizon FR-II is the same deal. Regarding the Floyd, while Floyd Rose does offer separate components for upgrading your system, the standard Floyd Rose Original that is used today is essentially the same one that was used in 2007.

Post to Thread