EC-256 bridge doesn't line up with tailpiece/pickups/nut? (see photos)

Updated
samsunnyuk

Hi guys,

I purchased a brand new EC-256 over the weekend and noticed something a bit off; it seems the bridge/saddle is not fitted parallel with the tailpiece/neck/nut. This is forcing the strings to run at a slight tilt to the right from the tailpiece to the saddle, and then from there veer left all the way up to the nut. Also notable is that the bottom 3 strings are not running directly over the pickup poles.

I've attached images. I have run some white tape parallel with the pickups to demonstrate how the bridge has been installed a few mm too far to the right. I know this isn't much, but I'm guessing it's not good.

Would it be advised to return it to the store?

Cheers

samsunnyuk

Nuno Doellinger

Hi, i will keep following this thread looking for answers from ESP.

This is my fear on the EC256. I want to buy one but they change the factory for this model from Vietnam to China, and i don't have good experiences with guitars made in China. I have one friend with a Vietnam version with no complains, but now.... not sure. 

I hope you can should you issues. 

Jeff K.

Josh in NY

I have honestly had NO issues with any of the LTD models I have had from China - a 1st release EC-407, and an SC-207. Plus I just played an LTD MH-17 tonight that plays almost as awesome as my E-II M-II-7-NT does!!!

From the pictures you posted, it looks fine... are you having an issue where the high E string is riding the very edge of the neck/fingerboard??? If so, then I would say return it. But if you have an equal spacing on both your high and low E strings to the edges of the fingerboard, then I wouldn't worry about it. And pickup manufacturers will tell you that the string doesnt have to be exactly dead centered over the polepiece to still be able to function correctly... in the pics you posted, your still getting enough coverage on the low E polepiece to not have your sound altered by it. 

To me, it looks okay. But like Jeff K. mentioned above,  if you dont feel comfortable with it, then it's up to you to return it and get another one. But if your not having an issue of either one of your E strings being closer to the edge of the fingerboard than the other - despite the bridge being slightly off-centered like that - then I wouldn't worry about it. I have had a few like that, including my last Vietnamese EC-256, and it was totally fine.

Hope this helps put your mind at ease, and best of luck either way you decide...

Post to Thread