M-Black Metal Extra Thin U neck

Updated
Ryan S.

I've looked through all the models on offer, ESP and LTD and it looks like only the m-1000's and a hand full of signature series (Jeff Hanneman) have an Extra Thin U neck. If someone could tell me the thickness of the M-blackmetal at the 1st and 12th fret and roughly by comparison how flat or round the neck is I would be stoked! If no one knows then it would be awesome just to hear some comparisons of the "Extra Thin U" neck to give me an idea, I own an LTD H-300 which I think may have a "Thin U" and have played an old ESP M with a bolt on that was sick, I'm familiar with, Ibanez wizard 1 and 2, Jackson dinky and soloist, Gibson lp and Music man jp6. so any comparison to those would be sick.

One thing I noticed is the M-Blackmetal has "NUT WIDTH 43mm" and the M-1000's have "42mm Lockinig Nut (43mm Neck Width)" which leads me to believe they could be completely different, so I'll keep that in mind.

ESP Guitars

Hey Ryan, for the M-Black Metal the "Extra Thin U" neck thickness at the first fret is going to be 19mm, and the 12th is 21mm. Hope this helps, thanks.

Post to Thread