90's Ouijas

Updated
90's Ouijas

"The first version of the guitar was a one-off custom model for Kirk’s use only. It wasn’t until 2010 that we negotiated the rights to sell the Ouija™ guitar to the public."

Did ESP forget that they made both bolt-on (50x skull & crossbone inlay; 46x moon & star inlay if I remember correctly) and neck-thru (glow in the dark paint, reverse inlay, ultra low quantity (4?)) versions of the Ouija back in the 90's? 

Can the numbers of the aforementioned models please be confirmed?

Breadfan32

Also didn't the reissues ouija black and white get released in 2009? 

ESP 348

Yeah, that write up seems a little odd to me.

Early Ouijas in the 90's, re-issue Ouija's came out in 2009.

I am not sure exactly what they are talking about here in regards selling the Ouija guitar to the public after 2010.

I think they need to tidy that article up on the main page.

Pims

They might need a talented community manager...

HateEvent

Any confirmation on the 90’s production numbers?

HateEvent

Dave R. Any insight to the above query?

ESP 348

The general consensus is that there were originally 80 made from 1994 to 1999.

I have the serial numbers for 78 of them. And the most recent serial number I got was only a month or so ago, so there are still others out there I don't have serial numbers for I can imagine.

I don't think Dave or ESP know the exact number built, but maybe they can shed some light.

patrick J.

Hello, I picked one up at a pawn shop # k0196408 0w15

Alamodome

Any pictures?

Rayan Bin Zaman

i have same serial number black ouija guitar..its not reverse headstock and its written esp custom shop made in Japan and that serial number..it has passive pickups and i know its fake guitar.

ESP 348

Lol, very nice Patrick.

Post to Thread