Does this constitute a blemish?

Updated
neveser

I was playing my new E-II this weekend and the light caught it in a way that made me notice this. I've never bought a blemished guitar before so I really don't know what constitutes a blemish. 

Here it is in a different light

It looks like the silver finish didn't quit cover the white primer underneath. Wasn't sure if it's just me being overly critical or if this is something that could be considered a blemish.

LK1

I'm looking at my own E-II Eclipse and I don't see anything like that on mine. Are you sure it's not a bootleg copy from Aliexpress? I've never seen anything like that on a MIJ guitar, let alone on a $2000 MIJ guitar.. You should contact ESP asap on the support page. I wouldn't want to see that ugly shit every time I go up on the higher frets.

neveser
LK1 wrote:

I'm looking at my own E-II Eclipse and I don't see anything like that on mine. Are you sure it's not a bootleg copy from Aliexpress? I've never seen anything like that on a MIJ guitar, let alone on a $2000 MIJ guitar.. You should contact ESP asap on the support page. I wouldn't want to see that ugly shit every time I go up on the higher frets.

I bought it through Guitar Center which I thought was a authorized dealer. I did register it for the warranty and the serial checked out (I assume they check the serial when you register).

I'll contact support.

ESP Admin
neveser wrote:

I was playing my new E-II this weekend and the light caught it in a way that made me notice this. I've never bought a blemished guitar before so I really don't know what constitutes a blemish. 

Here it is in a different light

It looks like the silver finish didn't quit cover the white primer underneath. Wasn't sure if it's just me being overly critical or if this is something that could be considered a blemish.

Thank you for reaching out to our customer service team, we regret to hear about the issues you have experienced and if we can provide any further assistance please let us know.

Jeff W.

You have 45 days to return at guitar center..that there law of the land..

neveser
Jeff W. wrote:

You have 45 days to return at guitar center..that there law of the land..

Took it back last week. New one is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

Needless to say, I'll be looking over this one extremely carefully tomorrow night.

Post to Thread