Pots for B-1004SE series bass?

Updated
Mats E.

I bought a B-1004SE bass a year ago, in a local shop here in Sweden, which has now gone out of business. However, it played great and sounded great until the vol pot crapped out on me prior to the warranty period ran out. But as the shop had gone out of business I thought this was something I could fix myself. But alas, the pots value and design isn't the usual normal.

I tried to ask Nordstand pickups but they replied that it is mostly your preamp system that craves a special 50K pot taper. Nordstrands Big Splits, and ABQ-3MS 3-band EQ is what this bass consists of. I've contacted the Scandinavian wholesale without any reply. Contacted many other music stores which has become equally as stumped on this pot as me.

Finding a pot value and audio taper isn't really the problem. It's the threaded bushing and long post of it that is unobtainable. Why are you making basses which even the replacement pots can be obtained anywhere else, not even from you?

ESP Admin
Mats E. wrote:

I bought a B-1004SE bass a year ago, in a local shop here in Sweden, which has now gone out of business. However, it played great and sounded great until the vol pot crapped out on me prior to the warranty period ran out. But as the shop had gone out of business I thought this was something I could fix myself. But alas, the pots value and design isn't the usual normal.

I tried to ask Nordstand pickups but they replied that it is mostly your preamp system that craves a special 50K pot taper. Nordstrands Big Splits, and ABQ-3MS 3-band EQ is what this bass consists of. I've contacted the Scandinavian wholesale without any reply. Contacted many other music stores which has become equally as stumped on this pot as me.

Finding a pot value and audio taper isn't really the problem. It's the threaded bushing and long post of it that is unobtainable. Why are you making basses which even the replacement pots can be obtained anywhere else, not even from you?

Hey Mats, 

Please contact us at customerservice@espguitars.com and we should be able to help you get the right parts. 

Mats E.

Ok thanks, I will try to do the same thing the third time around. See what happens this time.

Mats E.

And yes, still very silent. It's the third time I mail that address and still no replies whatsoever. I'll better start dissing LTD/ESP on all other forums as well, I think things will not start to happen until I do that. But you're definitely not alone on this... I sent you a week ago still no reply.

ESP Admin

Hey Mats, 

Ive sent you a private message.

Please respond and we will make sure to get you what you need. 

Post to Thread