Is it real? Kirk Hammett Signature KH-2 Vintage

Updated
Is it real? Kirk Hammett Signature KH-2 Vintage

I've been looking on this guitar for a while now and i've decided to buy it! I just want to be absolutely sure whether it is real or not. Thanks!

Oyvind B.

here is the back!

Breadfan32

I'm surprised this doesn't have the battery ashtray cover since serial number indicates it's a 2012.  

Some people don't like the ashtray cover so some may say it's better.

Either way congrats on the new guitar!  

Oyvind B.

Thanks!

Big Daddy B

Ok, thanks! But what is the definition of " Japanese market", sorry if I am asking stupid, I' am new to this.... and I just bought the guitar, looking forward to get it. thanks for your help!!

A guitar built specifically to be sold in Japan and not exported to another country. Surprised yours doesn't have the ashtray. But it might have been built in early 2012 before they implemented the feature as standard. I forgot my old nomenclature to decipher your serial but that information can be found on the site somewhere.

Big Daddy B

Mine is the exact same as this.  Japanese market one, have same COA and same case.  

Big daddy is also right should have the battery ashtray cover.  

It's the best year imo since it has the circle logo and ashtray cover.  Even though Kirks original doesn't have either. 

It's funny you mention this because when I bought mine (a 2013) I had a choice between the 2013 and a 2011 from Sweeterwater and a 2012 from 6 String. I eliminated the 2011 for lack of ashtray. I decided to go with the 2013 which didn't have the circle badge because I felt it was more like Kirk's original that did not have one.

Oyvind B.

thanks for the information, appreciate it  !

ESP 348

Cool guitar, congrats man. It's one of my favs.

Oyvind B.

Thanks man!   \m/

Oyvind B.

And btw I contacted ESP about the guitar, they said that the guitar was legit. But they could not find the serial nuber in their database, but I know that they have some problems there.

ESP 348

They couldn't find the serial number in their database?

Lol, this guitar was made in 2012. They should have that info realitively easy to find for these modern ESP guitars. It's not 1990 anymore!

I bet they didn't even look, but that's ok. You know it's the real deal and it's definitely a great guitar.

Take care and enjoy Oyvind.

Oyvind B.

Yeah, thanks again!

Post to Thread