Is it real? Kirk Hammett Signature KH-2 Vintage

Updated
Is it real? Kirk Hammett Signature KH-2 Vintage

I've been looking on this guitar for a while now and i've decided to buy it! I just want to be absolutely sure whether it is real or not. Thanks!

Breadfan32

Looks real to me and I own one.  

Even has the COA for it.  

Oyvind B.

Nice! And thanks for answering!

Big Daddy B

Could you post the pics in XL size. So far looks legit but there might be a couple of interesting features to this one. Need to get a better look.

Also do you have a back of body pic?

Oyvind B.

No, I do not have pictures from the back of the guitar, but I will try my best to get some. Yes I'm gonna post some larger pictures.

Oyvind B.

Oyvind B.

Oyvind B.

Oyvind B.

Oyvind B.

Oyvind B.

And thanks for answering!

Guiguitarz

Genuine 

Oyvind B.

1. Thanks! Going to buy this by the end of the day

Big Daddy B

It's legit but I picked up on a few things that make me think it is/was one made for the japanese market. The case handle is leather and the interior is grey. might be a newer case as a lot of times Jap models only come with gig bags. Japanese cases typically have a side pocket vs a center pocket. Also, the COA lists the full Kirk Hammett signature, not just the KH. Lastly a 2012 USA model would have had the silver made in japan sticker on the back of the headstock. This one does not which again makes me think it was a Japanese market model.

The guitar should have the metal ashtray battery box as 2012 was the first year the production vintages included that and also was the last year with the sig series circle badge.

Oyvind B.

What is the difference between kh-2 made for the japanese market vs Usa,  has the price something to do with it? Thanks!

Big Daddy B

Probably nothing with the gutiar, just the observations I pointed out above. Usually though, the japanese market ones will be gone over with a find toothed comb to preclude any flaws.

Breadfan32

Mine is the exact same as this.  Japanese market one, have same COA and same case.  

Big daddy is also right should have the battery ashtray cover.  

It's the best year imo since it has the circle logo and ashtray cover.  Even though Kirks original doesn't have either. 

Oyvind B.

Ok, thanks! But what is the definition of " Japanese market", sorry if I am asking stupid, I' am new to this.... and I just bought the guitar, looking forward to get it. thanks for your help!!

Oyvind B.

Here is the back!

Post to Thread