B55fm

Updated
Marc w.

So I own a b55fm and I would like to upgrade the pickup's what choices do I have? does esp make an upgrade for these models or do you have any suggestions 

Marc w.

Someone help me out hear

ESP Admin

So I own a b55fm and I would like to upgrade the pickup's what choices do I have? does esp make an upgrade for these models or do you have any suggestions 

You can swap these pickups with most any standard sized P/J pickup sets. The bass is currently in a passive configuration with exception to the output, catering to something like Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound PJ Set (link below). The output will need to be changed to a mono jack instead of the currently installed stereo jack. If you should choose to change the pickups, you should also consider removing the ATB-1 Tone Boost, as it may not be compatible. Unless you wish to switch to active pickups you will not need to replace any potentiometers but you may keep the output jack. As always we recommend that you bring your instrument to a qualified repair tech for assistance with your modification. If you are in need of any specific measurements please contact our customer service team at: customerservice@espguitars.com.

Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound PJ Set

Marc w.

Ok so I ordered a set of classic Bart's p/j 5string pickups for my Ltd 55fm sure hope they fit

Marc w.

Hay bro this is a 5string b55fm,i have a set of bartiloni classic p/j 5 on the way I sure hope they fit

Marc w.

Well the Bart's came in and the original pickups are larger but I was able to do some modifications,so with the audere 4band preamp+Bart's this is one badass bass

Post to Thread