how to preserve guitar from humidity

Updated
how to preserve guitar from humidity

Hello guys, 

I need a favor, since I have many valuable ESP guitars, I just want to know how to preserve them from humidity.

I know they come with a single pack of silica gel . I mean , what brand ? how many grams ? how long do they last or how often should I replace them ? 

Also I would appreciate if ESP team can help me in .

Thank you in advance . 

Pushead

Where do you live?

Depending on the climate where you are, you may not have to worry about the humidity.  Or you may actually need to worry that there isn't enough moisture in the air for the fretboard.  There no way to guess how long a silica gel pack will last without knowing the humidity levels.  If you want to "recharge" the silica, you can bake it in the oven (not sure how long, I've never done it.)

ESP Admin
chadi e. wrote:

Hello guys, 

I need a favor, since I have many valuable ESP guitars, I just want to know how to preserve them from humidity.

I know they come with a single pack of silica gel . I mean , what brand ? how many grams ? how long do they last or how often should I replace them ? 

Also I would appreciate if ESP team can help me in .

Thank you in advance . 

We find that the supplied silica pack is sufficient for our shipping needs, but we have not approached any long term storage solutions where the removal of humidity has been a concern. We would suggest that you speak with a retailer for humidity removal products, such as silica packs, as your inquiry is primarily based on the desired level of humidity you wish to obtain. Unfortunately we do not have any specific information available for this particular subject.

Big Daddy B

Planet Waves humidipaks do a great job maintaining proper humidity levels within the case. Once they turn crunchy, throw it out and put in a new pack. It swings both ways so removes humidty as well.

Post to Thread