New ESP Vulture

Updated
New ESP Vulture

I just got myself this nice Christmas present. I was wondering if I could get some info on the serial number. It has such a low number, I'm wondering if it is one of the first few made. Serial: EJHV0006

Any help is appreciated.

Breadfan32

Looks like number 6.  I've got the LTD.  Was very tempted to get the ESP.  Prices in Canada way too much now.  

NRudy
PhilRister4 wrote:

I just got myself this nice Christmas present. I was wondering if I could get some info on the serial number. It has such a low number, I'm wondering if it is one of the first few made. Serial: EJHV0006

Any help is appreciated.

Hey nice guitar, enjoy it! its so awesome a few things u may want to know... regarding my experience with this beautiful guitar the black is more black its so evil!

Did you buy the guitar New ? in the usa ? from an autherized ESP dealer ?  If so and you purchased it now its possible either it might have been hanging in the store a while or couldve been a return or demo etc, if your just interested in the serial number Info.. in 2016 esp changed things up..

E is ESP JH is JH V is Vulture and 0006 is the #6th guitar from the production that was made and no need to read on if thats all you were looking for i have some insight and personal experiance I owned new as you can read below 4 from the first batch...

just trying to help : ) enjoy! and Happy Holidays !

unless you got it in person ? or lay away ? , not that it is important to me - im just trying to give you the info you asked for, I got  from the first batch 4 ESP JH Vultures all 4 were in the  top 12 numbers shipped to me in May 2016.

I only ask because the first batch which I got 4 of were pre ordered from 2 top seperate dealers, and unless a dealer cancelled his order or 1 of the guitars from the first batch which if i remember correctly from 1 dealer I purchase many ESP guitars from for years and I always Pre order  them  for the most part and it usually would take 3 days for him to get it from ESP and 2 days to ship it to me. I dont like buying stocked guitars (my preference)  that sat or hung in the store  played by other people or any B stocks or demos, or any returns this way I know what i'm getting is brand new from ESP and was not played by others...

When I in prob late march or April 2016 wanted to add 2 more to my  original order getting the 4 I required  in May he (My ESP dealer) made a few calls and he has an ESP insider that helps him get rare ESP runs this one I dont think was a limited run or rare , yet still a really awesome guitar.....I bring this up because at first he told me the first batch was for buyers that ordered them 4-6 months before I got mine in May 2016, (which 1 dealer I pre ordered from and my main dealer always gets me 2 new ESP's JH or KH) guitars and  I can check the Cases for the original info- for the exact dates. I remember Memorial day weekend in the USA waiting on some free extras plus cross country shipping, plus I wanted a very specific setup and the strings on some of  the guitars as 2 were going to be gifts. Both dealers offer a free custom setup premium sets of strings and some extras I wanted. I was using a lot of combo sets on different guitars plus some other items. (my main dealer  also in the USA mid west was also shipping a few other ESP Guitars to me which were on order. Some amazing guitars IMO the best KH guitar to play is the  KH-2 Vintage I use I have 3 of these the original  relic never used and 2015 vintage /2016 vintage  - The limited rare runs I never played at all save for a few min to make sure they shipped OK really except kh-20 original test ouijas original test then in the case for 8-10 years wow went by fast) .

In 2016 ESP guitars changed the serial numbers a bit- the E stands for I think ESP the JH is James Hetfield the V is Vulture and 0006 should be the 6th 1 made of production (i'm not sure which ones James got prototypes others etc.. ?  (I know on the Rare limited Kirk Hammett Run on the KH-20 and the 2 ouija board limited runs, KH-2's from 2009  that I have Kirk likes to take #13 I know from the ESP tech that worked or inspected or oversaw my KH-20  and the 2 Made for Kirk #00 and #13  given for the KH-20. Im not 100% sure on the ouija runs or other runs vintage relic, etc.. if he grabbed #13 . I think his guitar if I saw correctly is blank on the back and has a 0 0 0 on another 1 on the back of the headstock but its not like I got a very long inspected look this was at shows all over throuought the years.

I suppose cool to have a lower number, also my info is for the U.S. but from what I know as I purchased 4 of the first batch that came in to the dealers that pre ordered it 4-6 months before they came in which was around May 2016. If I remember correctly I think the majority of the ESP version of this guitar did not come in until Fall or late Fall 2016, so unless a dealer cancelled his order other dealers couldnt move up and buy the ones pre ordered. I hope this was Helpful, I will add its looks absolutely amazing the hardware finish the custom Vulture inlay JH sig and the neck is great for me I sweat when I Play so this type of finish helps run up and down the guitar and playability is very comfortable , I wish i could stand without pain but hopefully soon. I should add from what I heard the ESP version is not selling that well despite James using it a lot all over... and maybe its because of the dive many countries currency have taken against the dollar making the ESP version very expensive for ESP buyers in Australia,Europe,UK Canada,Mexico etc.. But thats just a feeling I get from many dealers. I will say I have heard from several owners of the ESP/LTD JH Vulture that its well made and plays great and there is not a huge difference to warrant whatever price the ESP version would go for, I just like buying ESP and I wish they would make more new ESP KH models its been nearly 4 years, I have many many more KH model guitars than JH  and have always loved the KH guitars while I truly believe James is one of the greatest guitar players of all time what he writes creates and plays is simply amazing to watch him up close play is like the mighty right hand is awe! I love that JH uses this guitar A lot all over all the time, I wish they would have made some more JH limited run guitars maybe 1 day an updated JH-1 hot rod in very very limited runs, I always wondering the 100 of the original iron cross I barely see them for sale... yet the only 41 made of the KH-20 with 2 going to KH  only 39 world  out there nearly 1/3 of the run of the JH iron cross blk first run 2009 of 100 where are those ? are they worth more ?

i rarely see any of those but the kh20 right now theres 2 for sale any1 know why that is ?. I wonder whats going on last few years ESP only made KH LTD only models not core KH ESP models, and this year should have been the KH-30 any news on that ?  I was very sad to see the guitars kirk was recently using in fact  2 that he used on the jimmy kimmel show, why ??? looks like stickers or I dont know not what I like.

Back to the OP (sorry I got off the topic) as Breadfan32 pointed out seems like you got the 6th production guitar from the ESP line ... #6, being that this is not a limited edition run, Besides getting the 6th one made in the production which is nice but I did not order mine to get specific numbers I just did not want to wait, (and even if it was a limited run, which this guitar was not, some people value more #1 (in some cases prototypes) or the last number of a run, I think it's cool but wouldnt pay more personally) I just wanted to get them b4 late fall... a couple of days after I ordered the other 2 from another top ESP dealer my main dealer called me and told me he could get me 1, which I passed on because he had a buyer  and that buyer was paying a lot more than me and I did not need another 1. If I could change anything I would make a better case that isnt a beast! The guitar is awesome and I love it, it is beautiful plays great and feels soo so amazing. Sure it is expensive and many people say the LTD version is pretty much the same thing, I wonder @breadfan32 what the LTD serial numbers look like, and does anyone know what happend to KISO custom shop ? where are the new 2016+ models of the kh-2 vintage and other guitars that are ESP made ? which use to have a K for kiso, or the ones that had a SS or S or T(custom shop-) will they all say E ? Im waiting on a few so I suppose I will find out soon..

@phil enjoy your guitar man and again happy holidays hope this gave u some info.

PhilRister4

Thanks for the info. I did indeed buy from an authorized dealer (the Musicians Friend/Guitar Center company) here in the U.S.

ESP told me my guitar was built in May 2016, so it probably is indeed the 6th one made.

Thanks.

ESP Admin
PhilRister4 wrote:

Any help is appreciated.

The serial number on this ESP Vulture would indicate that is was the 6th one produced.

PhilRister4

Thank you for the help.

Kjetil (GRIM) Remen

That is a beautiful guitar. Congrats on your Christmas present

PhilRister4

Thank you.

Post to Thread