ESP XJ Frets

Updated
ESP XJ Frets

Hello!

What kind of extra jumbo frets ESP uses on the Snakebyte guitars? Is it dunlop 6000?

I notice the frets are always bright and shinning. It doesnt become dirty as the frets on my other guitars. 

I want to do a refret on my other guitar with XJ frets and the info will be very useful, I wan the same kind of frets my Snakebyte has 

ESP Admin
Eduardo M. wrote:

Hello!

What kind of extra jumbo frets ESP uses on the Snakebyte guitars? Is it dunlop 6000?

I notice the frets are always bright and shinning. It doesnt become dirty as the frets on my other guitars. 

I want to do a refret on my other guitar with XJ frets and the info will be very useful, I wan the same kind of frets my Snakebyte has 

Hello Eduardo M,

If you are looking to purchase replacement frets to match what is on your LTD we recommend purchasing the Dunlop 6100 fretwire. This will be most like the OEM fretwire installed on your LTD instruments that are equipped with XL frets.

Eduardo M.

Thanks for the reply, ESP Admin.

In fact Im looking to match my LTD to my ESP. I have a LTD EC 1000 and a ESP Snakebyte. I love the frets on my Snakebyte. I wanted to know what type of frets ESP uses on this guitar or measures of the frets and if its made of nickel or some other material. Can you help me with more information? 

ESP Admin
Eduardo M. wrote:

Thanks for the reply, ESP Admin.

In fact Im looking to match my LTD to my ESP. I have a LTD EC 1000 and a ESP Snakebyte. I love the frets on my Snakebyte. I wanted to know what type of frets ESP uses on this guitar or measures of the frets and if its made of nickel or some other material. Can you help me with more information? 

The frets currently installed on the snakebyte will be made of a nickel/silver alloy.  These frets are produced specifically for our use and may be difficult to obtain aftermarket.  The most comparable replacement frets available will be Dunlop 6100 fretwire.  Stew Mac 150 and Jescar 57110 will be the next closest items, in terms of dimensions, when compared to the Dunlop 6100.  Please note that it is highly recommended that a professional guitar repair technician handle such repairs/modifications in order to ensure proper installation of these items and to avoid any unwanted damage to your instrument.

Eduardo M.

One of my ESPs will need a fret leveling soon. They are a little worn. I will take it to a professional guitar tech to do the job. Considering the frets are made exclusively for ESP guitars, there is some recommendation to do a fret leveling?  Thank you for the info!

Post to Thread