LTD F-200B string questions

Updated
LTD F-200B string questions

I just recieved my ESP LTD F-200B Baritone 27" scale That I purchased today and all I can say is WOW. I am very impressed with both the guitar and the service. That being said I am new to the baritone scales and I would like to know the string gauges and if you could recommend some strings for them. I curently run Some DR Drop down tunings on my bass tuned B standard and some Neons on my bass tuned E standard and love the sound and consistency of both and am considering some for this beast. Thanks so much in advance for the assistance.

Pushead

I think more importantly (at first) is what gauge of string you might be used to, and how you'll have the baritone tuned.  How do you feel about the string size that's currently on the guitar?

According to the FAQ on the page, the strings are D'Addario NYXL and gauges:

56/46/36/26W/17/13

Forrest  C.

Thanks Pushead, for the assistance from an annoying newbie. I didn't think to look at the FAQ, as I didn't think that it would be a very frequent question. Lo and behold, there is an entire chart for everything. Feeling a little sheepish at the moment.  

That being said, after a phone call to DR strings directly, the Neons and the DDT will both be of adequate length, but with this new info, the heaviest Neons are only 50/11 which might work fine with no nut modification, but the DDT 11/54 is a much closer fit and I do love how the bass DDT heavy's sound on my bass tuned B E A D. That is what I currently have the F200B tuned as well, although I might go down to A standard at some point just to go down a bit darker. For now, both these rigs are dark enough to me and low end crunchy. \m/  This is a ton of fun.  

How do I feel about the current strings, I love them. Compared to the standard strings on my warlock and then of course the big heavy bass strings, the Baritone on this is the perfect medium in between and so much fun. Really digging my new toy.

Thanks again for the help.

Pushead

No worries man, the FAQ is easily overlooked.  I'm a guitarist that picked up bass in a band after years of guitar playing, so I had no idea what string sizes I'd want.

On a "regular" guitar, I like heavier strings.  In one band, where we play in C standard, I use a set of strings that are .012 to .056.  I have an EC-401b (same 27" scale) and I tune the baritone to C standard as well (so 1/2 step sharp of normal) and use the same .012 to .056 set.  I liked the size of the strings, and the extra scale length helped when recording open string chugga-chugga stuff.

I'm sure you could make most any set of strings work, it just comes down to what feels good and lets you play in the tuning you use.

Road King

I also have an FB-200. I use 13-56 on them.

Post to Thread