ESP KH-2 Vintage Models

Updated
ESP KH-2 Vintage Models

Dear ESP & fellow members, I am currently looking to purchase an ESP KH-2 Vintage but I encountered many different versions in the market. Some are labelled as Custom Shop series, while others are marked under Signature series with K serial numbers (some with round Signature labels and some with smaller signature labels on the bottom of headstock/neck. As far as i know, KH-2 Vintage is only available under 'Custom Shop' series.

Really appreciate your help on this one.

Thanks a million.

DC.

ESP Admin
DC. wrote:

Dear ESP & fellow members, I am currently looking to purchase an ESP KH-2 Vintage but I encountered many different versions in the market. Some are labelled as Custom Shop series, while others are marked under Signature series with K serial numbers (some with round Signature labels and some with smaller signature labels on the bottom of headstock/neck. As far as i know, KH-2 Vintage is only available under 'Custom Shop' series.

Really appreciate your help on this one.

Thanks a million.

Hello Desmond C,

The KH-2 Vintage has seen production during a few different time periods, and has thus also seen the application of different logos. This is a common occurrence for models that have been produced during different time periods. The "Custom Shop" logos are usually seen on older versions where the smaller logos are being used for newer production. However this item has always been produced by the customer shop team. If you have any questions regarding the authenticity of a KH-2 Vintage you are interested in purchasing, then please contact our customer service with some photos and they will be glad to help you out. The email address: customerservice@espguitars.com

DC.

Hi ESP Admin,

Thanks alot for your feedback. I have a few more questions regarding the topic:

1. I understand that all KH-2 Vintage are made by Custom Shop team. Apart from that and given the price difference between KH-2 Vintage & Standard/NTB/Bolt-On, what are the quality differences between these 2 guitars? Is the price difference solely based/due to cosmetic differences or the Vintage are using higher quality/grade of raw materials (i.e.A or AA grade wood)?

2. Does all KH-2 Vintage models come with K Serial number? 

3. Are all KH-2 Vintage models manufactured only in Kiso workshop in Japan or some are produced in USA? I did saw pics of KH-2 Vintage in the ESP USA Custom Shop Gallery

4. Does serial number K mean custom shop and manufactured in Kiso workshop in Japan? Also, does the first two numbers of the serial (K, S, SS, T) represent the year of manufacture? i.e. K16..... means manufactured in 2016

Cheers.

Guiguitarz

http://www.guitarscollector.com/esp-serial-numbers.html 

Here you'll find your answers.

Cheers,

G.

ESP Admin
DC. wrote:

Hi ESP Admin,

1. I understand that all KH-2 Vintage are made by Custom Shop team. Apart from that and given the price difference between KH-2 Vintage & Standard/NTB/Bolt-On, what are the quality differences between these 2 guitars? Is the price difference solely based/due to cosmetic differences or the Vintage are using higher quality/grade of raw materials (i.e.A or AA grade wood)?

3. Are all KH-2 Vintage models manufactured only in Kiso workshop in Japan or some are produced in USA? I did saw pics of KH-2 Vintage in the ESP USA Custom Shop Gallery

4. Does serial number K mean custom shop and manufactured in Kiso workshop in Japan? Also, does the first two numbers of the serial (K, S, SS, T) represent the year of manufacture? i.e. K16..... means manufactured in 2016

Cheers.

The USA Custom Shop photo gallery only exhibits instruments produced by the ESP Custom Shop which is in Japan. No KH models, or any other signature models, have been produced in the USA. While the KH-Vintage has always used a 'K' serial number, some other models like the KH-NTB have used different serial number prefixes in the past. However there is no difference in quality, only a difference in the notation used for tracking the manufacturing history. The prefix 'K' does denote Kiso, and the following two digits can be used to determine the year. 

DC.
ESP Admin wrote:

Hi ESP Admin,

Cheers.

The USA Custom Shop photo gallery only exhibits instruments produced by the ESP Custom Shop which is in Japan. No KH models, or any other signature models, have been produced in the USA. While the KH-Vintage has always used a 'K' serial number, some other models like the KH-NTB have used different serial number prefixes in the past. However there is no difference in quality, only a difference in the notation used for tracking the manufacturing history. The prefix 'K' does denote Kiso, and the following two digits can be used to determine the year. 

Hi ESP,

Thanks for finally responding to my query. What about the quality difference between KH-2 Vintage & KH-2 NTB Standard/Signature Series apart from cosmetic distressed given the huge difference in pricing?

DC.

Hi G.

Thanks for your input. The link only answers part of my questions. I still need answer on Q1. & 3.

Post to Thread