My Multi-Swirl Mirage: Pics included, info wanted please

Updated
My Multi-Swirl Mirage: Pics included, info wanted please

Almighty ESP Gods;

Would you guys know why my Mirage doesn't have a serial number? It's nowhere to be found, not even on the fretboard.

Any info you guys might have on this would be greatly appreciated.

Also, need a drop in trem. replacement recommendation for the guitar. The original Sinclair trem is broken. I want to start playing this guitar again! Please help.

ESP 348

Cool guitar man, hope you get some info on it.

Slatanic.

Thanks dude! Me too!

Pushead

It's a late 80s or early 90s build.  I've heard of the finish being called "Gobstopper" (like the candy) but I don't think that was the official name.  It's more similar to the layered distressed finish of a Truckster than a swirl technique like Ibanez uses.

I've read that people have had success dropping an Original Floyd Rose into a Sinclair route, but in my experience, I had to route it to get it to fit. The post spacing worked for me, but it just caught on the edge.

As best as I've been able to find out, there are no replacement parts for the Sinclair.

Slatanic.

If the post spacings are the same, I'll just drop in a OFR then, the routing shouldn't be too bad, thanks pushead.

Pushead

No guarantees, that was just my experience.

I went into the project prepared to have to dowel the old post holes and drill new ones.  It was just a happy discovery that the posts and the string paths worked.

I also found I had to route the entire cavity a bit deeper to get it to recess properly, though that may have been a personal preference rather than a functional thing.  I don't remember.

Slatanic.

Cool man, thank you so much for the info.

Slatanic.

ESP; Do you guys have any info on why it doesn't have a serial number? Any info would be greatly appreciated 

thanks for your time

Nathan G.

That looks to be late 80's around the same year as my Horizon Custom.  Have you looked under the pickups for the serial Numbers?  Mine are there and faded beyond hope of reading them.  As for the Sinclair other than the body and the trem arm most Floyd parts fit as direct replacements.  Pushead is also correct about routing out for the OFR replacement.  I looked into it but cannot bring myself to damage my guitars finish.

What is broken on the sinclair?

Slatanic.

Two of the offset string saddles broke. 

Nathan G.

I am pretty sure that what I did was just used Original Floyd Rose internals for my replacement parts. I wish I was positive about the Floyd saddles being direct replacements... it has has been about 15 yrs since I had to replace parts on mine.  Still at arond $14 per saddle it would be better than cutting into your guitar body.  

I believe the only parts that you are really screwed on if they fail for the sinclair are the primary body and the trem bar itself.  I will try and dig through my parts to see if I have any left over parts or if I have any clues how I replaced the saddles on my old sinclair.  Afraid I have not touched my ESP in a while it just does not play near as well as my Majesty or Mayones.

Slatanic.

Thanks Nathan! HMU at slatanic76@gmail.com when you find out 

Nathan G.

I just remembered that I gave my Floyd parts away a while ago.  However just an idea since it looks as though you have the guitar apart.  Can you take the entire trem to a local music store that has Floyd Rose Parts.  A simple side by side will most likely tell you right away if the saddles would fit. 

Now that I think about it I replaced the silver saddles on my trem with the Floyd black saddles since that was all the shop had at the time.  This was done late 90's early 2000's and by that time the sinclair parts had already vanished.

Post to Thread