Info required

Updated
Info required

Are ESP USA guitar necks Plek'd?

ESP Admin
Joey M. wrote:

Are ESP USA guitar necks Plek'd?

Hello Joey,

No, the USA models are not put into a Pleck machine, as everything in the assembly process is done by hand.

Slatanic.

What is this machining process?

Joey M.

Plek is a CNC machine that automatically measures each fret's height, fret and fretboard radius, fret bevel angle (at ends), frets' top crowning, string spacing, string action, nut cut, saddle height, and other factors that may affect intonation and playability.  Then it compares the measured result to stored optimum values, and using precision robotic tools, it cuts and smooths the frets and nut to achieve the best balance of playability with minimum string height without buzzing. I have a picture of my 2016 Gibson SG undergoing Plek Pro in the factory. The machine costs about a hundred grand off its Berlin vendor/factory.

Stevie Strings

Chibson claims they use Plek. I think they should get their money back.... Pretty funny when you hold one in your hands.  I had to keep blindly ordering Les Paul studios until I got one that had decent fit and finish/playability (hardly perfect).

Sad when you can get a $600 Korean, assembly line guitar that is setup and plays better than an American made instrument.

I still won't buy a Chinese LTD, though.

Post to Thread