ESP Forest / F Headstock Shape Change

Updated
ESP Forest / F Headstock Shape Change

I've always been curious, why has the ESP Forest (F Shape) headstock shape changed over the years for the LTD and ESP models in the USA? Is it to create less confusion with the very similar Schecter Headstock? I find it kind of weird because ESP Japan still uses the old Forest headstock shape while ESP USA uses the new Forest shape. Ah well, ESP Japan does use the new shape for their FRXs now. Personally I really quite prefer the old Forest headstock shape over the new one, it's alot more "ESP" and flows better with the Forest GT, FRX, and Antelope Shapes. Also ESP does the headstock shape better than Schecter does!

!

ESP Admin
SunnyD wrote:

I've always been curious, why has the ESP Forest (F Shape) headstock shape changed over the years for the LTD and ESP models in the USA? Is it to create less confusion with the very similar Schecter Headstock? I find it kind of weird because ESP Japan still uses the old Forest headstock shape while ESP USA uses the new Forest shape. Ah well, ESP Japan does use the new shape for their FRXs now. Personally I really quite prefer the old Forest headstock shape over the new one, it's alot more "ESP" and flows better with the Forest GT, FRX, and Antelope Shapes. Also ESP does the headstock shape better than Schecter does!

!

ESP designed and began using the Forest headstock in approximately 1990. Schecter later adapted that shape. A few years ago, ESP modified the version sold outside Japan for aesthetic reasons.

Steven M.

Is there anything available to read regarding the original inspiration for the forest body shape or about the original designer(s?)

Thank you kindly,

Steven

Post to Thread