LTD SN-1000 FR pickup install

Updated
LTD SN-1000 FR pickup install

I just purchased an LTD SN-1000 FR (which I believe is a 2015 model), and before I block the trem, remove the strings and the pick guard to replace the EMG 85 with an 81... Can you please tell me if these guitars are equipped with the EMG quick connect style pickups or standard old school, soldered setups?

Thanks!

Mark M.

I have 2 2015-2016 models and none of them have solderless. All old school brother.   but the actual pickup connector is the quick connect so you can easly swap emgs out

Stevie Strings

Interesting, Mark. So they are using traditional soldered pots and caps, but quick connect at the pickup? If that's true, I like the sound of that.

I just don't want to order the pickup and take it all apart and find that it's a wired setup. EMG is really good about stuff like that though and would probably swap it for me if I ran into that situation, but I would prefer to avoid the mess.

Can anyone from ESP weigh in on this?

Thanks

ESP Admin
Stevie Strings wrote:

I just purchased an LTD SN-1000 FR (which I believe is a 2015 model), and before I block the trem, remove the strings and the pick guard to replace the EMG 85 with an 81... Can you please tell me if these guitars are equipped with the EMG quick connect style pickups or standard old school, soldered setups?

Thanks!

Hey Stevie, 

The EMG equipped SN-1000 instruments will have quick connect cables from the pickups but the remaining electronics will be hardwired.

Stevie Strings

Very cool.

Thanks Mark and ESP

Mark M.

Anytime brother cheers!

Post to Thread