B stock and seconds

Updated
B stock and seconds

Can ESP tell me how to easily identify B stock and factory seconds on current model LTDs, EIIs and others?

I'm looking for an identifier that I can quickly use to assess guitars that have been unboxed at dealers and hung on the site room floor as well as buying second hand on sites such as Reverb.

Thanks!

ESP Admin
Stevie Strings wrote:

Can ESP tell me how to easily identify B stock and factory seconds on current model LTDs, EIIs and others?

I'm looking for an identifier that I can quickly use to assess guitars that have been unboxed at dealers and hung on the site room floor as well as buying second hand on sites such as Reverb.

Thanks!

Great questions Stevie! The most prominent indicator will be a stamping or impression of the number '2' into the back of the headstock or after the last fret on the fingerboard. An additional indicator will be the quality control sticker we place on the control plate or backplate which will state if it is a factory second and that it only comes with a 90 day warranty. If you are ever unsure about one of our purchases our customer service team is always willing to help as best they can, you may contact them at customerservice@espguitars.com.

Stevie Strings

Excellent reply, thank you!

James F.

What would cause a guitar to be a factory second? 

If i were to buy a used guitar and it still has the sticker on it that says factory second,

Should i be worried about anything structural or are they just finish or paint defects ?

Ryan S.

If your not careful it will spontaneously combust. It will only happen if you are playing an F#maj7 chord exactly 91 days from the time of purchase. So I bought mine in the morning because I rarely play F#maj7 in the morning.

Post to Thread