Need help identifying viper guitar

Updated
Jamie H.

I got this from a trading post but I'm having trouble identifying what version this is. He claimed it is around $200 new and he said he replaced the pickups. Can anyone tell if that is true? Here are some pics:

Pushead

What does the inlay at the 12th fret say?

Going based on the top photo, the pickup wasn't replaced, it still has the ESP logo on it.

I'm not familiar with a single pickup Viper in the series.  The other single pickup guitars I've seen here recently have been from the beginner packs, which include an amp and a few other things as well.  I'm not saying this is the case, but the serial number seems to support that theory (starting with SK). 

You can find more information in this thread, which has a response from someone who works at ESP.

http://www.espguitars.com/forums/1963390/posts/2158442-which-eclipse-has-only-ec-on-the-12th-fret

Jamie H.

Thanks for the help. It says viper on the 12th fret. I couldn't find a single pickup esp viper either wich is why I was starting to wonder if it is even really a genuine esp and not just random parts put together with esp logos and stuff.

Pushead

Yeah, it's the pack guitar.  I've never played one, so I'll refrain from giving a quality opinion, but here are some details on the whole package.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/esp-ltd-viper-electric-guitar-value-package

Jamie H.

Yeah that is definitely it. Thanks a lot for helping me identify it. I only paid $50 for it so I'm happy with it so far. I went from no guitar for about 5 years to this so it sounds good to me, but to someone more advanced they probably would say it sucks.

Pushead

Not that it might suck, but with no model number and someone with expectations of something like an LTD 400 series or something, it's going to fall short.

$50 sounds like a pretty fair price for it.  Enjoy!

ESP Admin
Jamie H. wrote:

I got this from a trading post but I'm having trouble identifying what version this is. He claimed it is around $200 new and he said he replaced the pickups. Can anyone tell if that is true? Here are some pics:

Hello Jamie H,

From the photos provided this item does appear to be the LTD/Viper Pack Model, which was originally sold with an amplifier and gig bag in addition to some smaller accessories. These guitars are equivalent in build and materials to that of the Viper 10 series models. The serial number depicted would indicate that this instrument was produced around 2011, at which time the MSRP for this model was about $213.00 here in the USA. 

Jamie H.

Cool, thanks for an official answer, I really appreciate it.

Post to Thread