ESP E-II ST-1, Help with Screw Dimensions + fret protector

Updated
ESP E-II ST-1, Help with Screw Dimensions + fret protector

The screws on my ESP E-II Elite ST-1 have gotten pretty worn out and rusted. I want to replace the screws with some screws from stewmac. I was wondering what size and type screws are used for the bolt-on neck joint and the pickguard. It's sort of weird since I don't play my ST-1 very much and yet it seems like all the screws are worn and rusted, but all other hardware is just fine. I was also wondering where I could buy another fret protector since I lost the one that came with my ST-1.  Also, how do I remove the volume and tone set screw knobs? Thanks for your time!

ESP Admin
SunnyD wrote:

The screws on my ESP E-II Elite ST-1 have gotten pretty worn out and rusted. I want to replace the screws with some screws from stewmac. I was wondering what size and type screws are used for the bolt-on neck joint and the pickguard. It's sort of weird since I don't play my ST-1 very much and yet it seems like all the screws are worn and rusted, but all other hardware is just fine. I was also wondering where I could buy another fret protector since I lost the one that came with my ST-1.  Also, how do I remove the volume and tone set screw knobs? Thanks for your time!

Hello SunnyD,

As ESP does not currently sell replacement parts the measurements and dimensions for these hardware pieces are not readily available. Generally speaking most hardware replacement is pretty straight forward, but we usually suggest bringing the instrument to a tech for assistance. We are always glad to help though and recommend that you contact our customer service department with your request. They will need to measure the hardware from a current production model for the pieces you are requesting and should also be able to suggest comparable replacements found online. We usually utilize aftermarket sources such as Stewmac, AllParts, and WD Music. You may contact our customer service department by email at: customerservice@espguitars.com.

The knobs may be removed by loosening the set screw for the knob and then lifting it upwards. If it is difficult to pull off the potentiometer you may wish to use something to gain leverage. Sometimes we use a microfiber cloth to assist with this, by wrapping it around the potentiometer post beneath the knob an then pulling upward on the cloth. If you choose to perform this action please use caution, as the knob may "pop" off from the force and become airborne possibly hitting yourself or the guitar causing unwanted damage. If the knobs feel particularly tight beyond your comfort, then we recommend you bring the instrument to a tech for assistance.

Post to Thread