no logo, no serial number help

Updated
Johnny Gadget

this came to me from a friend that owns a pawn shop, he called it a KH series i guess because of the skull and crossbones, but to me I thought it was a MH-1000 maybe I got that number wrong, I am clueless, is this an ESP or an LTD or a knock off fake, the owner who brought it into the pawn shop said he tried to install an active EMG pick up but failed, the EMG pick up had forced the action up so high it was silly and still touching the strings, and the floyd rose plate was jacked up on its edge, i loosened the strings and that was it, before I trade some window work in exchange for this what ever it is, I need to know what it is, no numbers anywhere, all logos removed, can i get some help ? thanks in advance "Gadget"

chadi e.

Hard to say , but definitely not an ESP ! 

evrrything doesn't match a KH !!! Not even the skull and crossbones ...

Big Daddy B

This doesn't look like an ESP to me either. The body routes and cavities look mishapen.To me looks closer to an Ibanez with replacement neck. The control cavity seems to match a 1980's Ibanez.

Check out the control cavity cover on this one for comparison: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-Ibanez-540P-w-Backstop-Tremsetter-All-Original-Japan-HSC-/291866377376?hash=item43f4977ca0:g:BQ0AAOSwIgNXwHPl

ESP Admin
Johnny Gadget wrote:

this came to me from a friend that owns a pawn shop, he called it a KH series i guess because of the skull and crossbones, but to me I thought it was a MH-1000 maybe I got that number wrong, I am clueless, is this an ESP or an LTD or a knock off fake, the owner who brought it into the pawn shop said he tried to install an active EMG pick up but failed, the EMG pick up had forced the action up so high it was silly and still touching the strings, and the floyd rose plate was jacked up on its edge, i loosened the strings and that was it, before I trade some window work in exchange for this what ever it is, I need to know what it is, no numbers anywhere, all logos removed, can i get some help ? thanks in advance "Gadget"

Hello Johnny Gadget,

Thank you for including photos of your instrument along with your information request. Unfortunately this does not appear to be a legitimate ESP/LTD instrument. 

ESP 348

Give it back to your mate to sell in his pawn shop, it's not an ESP guitar. 

Stevie Strings

That is what we in the business call a, "right poopster". 

Best use, lighting on fire and smashing over the bassists head at the end of a show.

Post to Thread