Snakebyte wiring

Updated
Snakebyte wiring

I have a question about pickup wiring for an ESP Snakebyte. I purchased a new EMG JH set and tried to wire up using the solder less install kit. I wired the pickups up like this: Neck P/U to neck volume pot Bridge P/U to bridge volume pot Neck volume to neck volume input on the bus. Bridge volume to the bridge volume input in the bus. Bus output to Jack and battery to jack. Using 3 way toggle with no ground wire. When I plug in, I get no sound other than picking up a radio station. Can you help?

PhilRister4
PhilRister4 wrote:

I have a question about pickup wiring for an ESP Snakebyte. I purchased a new EMG JH set and tried to wire up using the solder less install kit. I wired the pickups up like this: Neck P/U to neck volume pot Bridge P/U to bridge volume pot Neck volume to neck volume input on the bus. Bridge volume to the bridge volume input in the bus. Bus output to Jack and battery to jack. Using 3 way toggle with no ground wire. When I plug in, I get no sound other than picking up a radio station. Can you help?

EMG doesn't have the wiring diagram for 2 volume and no tone. I must be missing something.

John L.

Use diagram 5 of the EMG instructions, and ignore the two tone controls. You will also need the ground wire at the toggle switch.

ESP Admin
PhilRister4 wrote:

Hello PhilRister4,

It definitely appears that one major issue to be resolved in your wiring layout is the ground that is needed for your switch. Active circuits will still require that a common ground be established among the components, even though you are not required to send a ground to make contact with the bridge of the instrument. Please try adding this to your circuit as this should alleviate the issue you are experiencing. A factory stock wiring diagram is available if you would like to contact our customer service and request one. You may contact our customer service here. (customerservice@espguitars.com)

PhilRister4

Thank you, I did that and got the same result, but then figured out I had a faulty jack, so all is good.

hena l.

Check the wiring: Pizza Tower Make sure that all the wiring connections are correct and secure. Double-check that the pickups are wired to the correct volume pots and that the volume pots are wired to the correct inputs on the bus.

helen d.

Your expertise, passion, and dedication shine through in every word, and I am grateful for the knowledge and inspiration I have gained from reading your work.

xeniasn x.

the Autostart function is incredibly user-friendly. It can be easily set up by following a few simple steps

Jewel Galore

Adorn yourself with the timeless beauty of  Kundan choker set  available at Jewelgalore. Our exquisite collection embraces the traditional craftsmanship and elegance of Pakistan, allowing you to make a statement with sophistication and charm.

Nadia E.

The Autostart feature is very easy to use and can be configured quickly by following a few uncomplicated steps.

Phoenix t.

Perhaps it's a charming Swiss town with plenty of museums and fine dining. Switzerland is all you've ever imagined it to be and so much more.

Douglas C.

Was looking for this exact info a week ago, ESP admin was right, I contacted the service email and got an answer. Figured I would post so web search results will be more helpful.

Post to Thread