ESP Horizon FR27

Updated
ESP Horizon FR27

I recently purchased a used ESP Horizon FR27.  The previous owner converted it to active pickups, Seymour Duncan Blackouts in both neck and bridge.  What do I need to covert it back to stock?

Thanks!

ESP Admin
Shred wrote:

I recently purchased a used ESP Horizon FR27.  The previous owner converted it to active pickups, Seymour Duncan Blackouts in both neck and bridge.  What do I need to covert it back to stock?

Thanks!

Great question! There are a ton of options out there and a myriad of wiring configurations. We will stick to just a basic setup to point you in the right direction. As an example we will use the stock setup for this model, and assume you are to not re-use any of the parts that are currently installed.

You will need:

Neck: Seymour Duncan Hot Rails    Bridge: Seymour Duncan Custom 5

1x B500k pot for volume

1x 500k Push/Push for tone and coil split*Or this could be replaced with a standard

A 500k pot for tone1x .022µF capacitor for tone pot

1x 3-way blade style switch

1x Mono output jack And some extra 24 gauge wire for ground connections, especially to the tremolo spring tree, and a jumper on the switch.

Feel free to contact our customer service department for a wiring diagram if you are interested in restoring the instrument back to the original specification. 

Shred

Awesome!  Thanks!

Post to Thread