ESP USA ECLIPSE

Updated
ESP USA ECLIPSE

Planning to buy a ESP Eclipse but I'm wondering if it's the USA vs the Original Japan model

1_the USA cost 1k less than the Japanese one . what do you think ? which one do you advise ? Do they compete (the US models) with the Japanese Eclipse ? Its hard to find reviews on the net.

2_By the way, can we still switch easily the pickups of the USA model to the 81/85 ??

Thank you 

Breadfan32

I think one of the biggest differences between the two is the USA model is full thickness where the Japan model isn't.  

I personally wouldn't want a full thickness so that would help my decision.  

I've seen nothing but great things about the USA models and we know the Japan custom shop is great also. 

You can get the USA models with EMGs so there shouldn't be a problem with your pick up choice. 

chadi e.

thanks for your answer, 

and its ok for the 85/81 choice in this model ? i need it to play metal mainly ..

Big Daddy B
chadi e. wrote:

thanks for your answer, 

and its ok for the 85/81 choice in this model ? i need it to play metal mainly ..

Even if you can't get an 85 neck from the factory, almost all EMG installations are solderless now so easy to unplug the old pickup and plug in a new one. I have the 85 in a les paul and really like it. I feel it is a good choice.

Road King

There's a bunch of new finish options for the USA models now. You can choose flamed or quilted top.

ESP Admin
chadi e. wrote:

Planning to buy a ESP Eclipse but I'm wondering if it's the USA vs the Original Japan model

1_the USA cost 1k less than the Japanese one . what do you think ? which one do you advise ? Do they compete (the US models) with the Japanese Eclipse ? Its hard to find reviews on the net.

2_By the way, can we still switch easily the pickups of the USA model to the 81/85 ??

Thank you 

To confirm what has been said, the USA Eclipse has a thicker body (full thickness) compared to the Japanese Eclipse which is thinner. Additionally the USA Eclipse has chambers inside the body that both reduce weight and add to the resonance of the body. However these models do not compete so much as complement each other to create a more rounded offering of instruments. Depending on your preferences for style and price range, either of these models is capable of providing the high quality you are looking to obtain. The USA Eclipse can be ordered with either Seymour Duncan or EMG pickups, however the EMG 66/57 set can be switched with the 81/85 set post purchase. 

Post to Thread