Case Scent

Updated
Case Scent

Hello I was curious on the smell or spray used to make the cases smell so prestine. I bought an ltd snakebyte in 2012 and it had that new case smell but it isn't really there anymore. In 2014 I bought an ltd iron cross and it had that new smell. And just recently bought an lto vulture and it has the new smell. Just curious if there is something I can buy a spray or anything to keep the cases smelling prestine?

Pushead

Much of the smell comes from the glues used to attach the fabric to the padding and the tolex to the wood.  Some of the smell also comes from the guitar finish itself curing.  As the glue dries (and the finish hardens) the smell goes away, similar to that "new car" smell.

You might be able to put a vanilla or maple odor spray into the case, but the spray might not react well with the finish of the guitars.  It might just be better to leave it be.

Gabriel S.

Hey thank you so much for this information it's very helpful

Big Daddy B
Pushead wrote:

Much of the smell comes from the glues used to attach the fabric to the padding and the tolex to the wood.  Some of the smell also comes from the guitar finish itself curing.  As the glue dries (and the finish hardens) the smell goes away, similar to that "new car" smell.

You might be able to put a vanilla or maple odor spray into the case, but the spray might not react well with the finish of the guitars.  It might just be better to leave it be.

Maybe a cedar block in the compartment?

Pushead

I always find my cases to smell like maple syrup.  I always thought it was the nitro smell from the Gibsons, but my Fender and ESP clases smell similar.

Gabriel S.

Thanks for the response

Big Daddy B
Pushead wrote:

I always find my cases to smell like maple syrup.  I always thought it was the nitro smell from the Gibsons, but my Fender and ESP clases smell similar.

Well a lot of the cases do come from Canada, at least in the case of Gibson (TKL brand). Fender should be G&G from L.A. Not sure who makes the ESP Cases.

Road King

The ESP cases were made in Canada (TKL brand). I have not bought a new ESP case in a while though.

ESP 348

It's definitely a very unique smell in those cases.

Adoro S.

Visit our online shop to see the beautiful selection of ladies bags. Discover the perfect thing to complete your look, including trendy handbags. Order today and get free shipping on any order. Upgrade your look today with our great selection of women's bags.

Jazmin c.

Jazmin offers an amazing winter collection of women's dresses in Pakistan. Explore a combination of premium collections of winter dresses in Pakistan at affordable prices.

Meerak O.

Are you in search of the best women clothing brands? Explore the latest Women's clothing dresses including luxury formal dresses, Unstitched Suits, ready-to-wear, bridal dresses, and other collections online at the Meerak clothing store.

Post to Thread