KH 2

Updated
KH 2

im still hesitating regarding which KH 2 to buy , the bolt on or the vintage ?

theres so much difference in the sound between those 2? ( more sustain for the vintage of course )....

what do you think ? neck through vintage or the bolt on and save some bucks ?

ESP 348

Definitely spend the extra bucks and go with the Vintage.

I have both and the Vintage is a lot better guitar than the standard KH2 bolt on.

And you will always be able to sell the Vintage and re-coupe most, if not all of your money if you look after it.

A basic KH2 bolt on will be hard to re-sell one day as there are plenty of them to go around.

Hope this little bit of info helps and please be sure to post up pics of whichever guitar it is you buy.

chadi e.

thanx for your answer . by the way did you ever play the ESP M-II CTM (EMG 81/85) ?

i'll be glad to know what you think . 

ESP 348

Hi mate,

I have never played that exact guitar sorry man.

But I do own many KH2 NTB guitars that would be very similar to that particular guitar.

ANY of my KH2 NTB guitars are simply the best metal guitars in the world if you ask me.

Breadfan32

Just my two cents but before I had the vintage and the kh2 SE I had a KH2 bolt on.  Fantastic guitar for the money I found the neck a bit slimmer and actually liked it better.

You can't go wrong with either but if you really want to save some cash there is nothing wrong with a KH2 bolt on.  I got mine new I think in 2009.  It was my first ESP and I wish I never sold it! 

Big Daddy B

It's funny how we all have varying opinions. My first ESP was a KH-2 bolt on but once I discovered neck thru, I would never go back. Mind you I do own a handful of guitars with bolt on necks, but for me if I am going with a KH/M-2 style guitar it's gotta be NTB. OP, you should definitely try both and see what you like better. It sounds like you are interested only in ESP, not LTD, but the limited edition LTD Ouijas pop up regularly and those are a great guitar as well and would still have money left over.

chadi e.

agree , its like there are a variety of opinions, but i can agree from what i read that the NTB is THE KH to have ! 

chadi e.

by the way, any idea concerning the ESP M-II CTM (EMG 81/85) ?? someone tried it ?

Big Daddy B

no but my first kh-2 had an 85 at the neck. you can always change that later on. it's really easy now that EMG has gone solderless.

Guiguitarz
chadi e. wrote:

by the way, any idea concerning the ESP M-II CTM (EMG 81/85) ?? someone tried it ?

My two Customs (Bride and Dracula are actually ESP M-II CTM and used to have 81/85, that I switched to 81/60, they are a bit heavier than a KH-2 and the neck is a bit thicker (a tiny bit ...) Sounds good in clean too, and the riffs are really good with a good distortion. Of course they are made for solo and they are good for it.

I added them a Tone pot and made a slot for a Fender-type PU-switch. As Kirk's ones.

ESP 348

Yep, I love my NTB guitars.

Road King

Used KH-2 bolt-ons can be had all day for $700-$1100. I've owned both versions and I can't tell any difference in sustain.

Breadfan32

Agreed.  

Post to Thread