Dealer in Mexico selling fake ltds or special spec?

Updated
Dealer in Mexico selling fake ltds or special spec?

I live in Mexico and i bought an ec-401 in a dealership there, which is registered as an official ESP dealer, its actually the only one in Mexico. Two years went by and when I entered the store i approached the area where the LTD's where hanging, and I was stunned to see an LTD EC-1000 Evertune and a LTD EC-1000 CTM have SET THRU necks. Could this be special spec? tbh the prices have increased drastically here and the guitars are sort of overpriced at the moment...so that is my question, is there any special set thru guitars made for the EC series, i am absolutely shure those two ec-1000's did not have a regular set neck, they were slightly dusty so playing one didn't give me a good impression.

Sergio S.

just checked, only ONE has set thru, and it is the SWEETWATER limited edition

The guitars in the store are the regular evertune ec-1000 and a black ec-1000 with a golden bridge and emgs

Sergio S.

I wont be going there for a while...

there are counterfeit ltds, check aliexpress, they'll make counterfeit epiphones in order to make a buck.

ESP Admin
Sergio S. wrote:

I live in Mexico and i bought an ec-401 in a dealership there, which is registered as an official ESP dealer, its actually the only one in Mexico. Two years went by and when I entered the store i approached the area where the LTD's where hanging, and I was stunned to see an LTD EC-1000 Evertune and a LTD EC-1000 CTM have SET THRU necks. Could this be special spec? tbh the prices have increased drastically here and the guitars are sort of overpriced at the moment...so that is my question, is there any special set thru guitars made for the EC series, i am absolutely shure those two ec-1000's did not have a regular set neck, they were slightly dusty so playing one didn't give me a good impression.

Hey Sergio, 

The new EC set-thru design is a change that we've made to the product line this year and eventually all LTD EC's, 400 series and up will have the new set-thru design. This excludes all traditional EC models which will still have set-neck construction. 

Post to Thread