Wide nut

Updated
Col L.

I am looking for a 6 string, solid body, RH, guitar with a 48mm nut width

(1 7/8").  Strat or LP style.

I have large fingers and arthritis and am now having trouble fretting on a 42/43 nut width guitar.

Any suggestions other than giving up?

:-)

Rob Marshall

Tony Rauser would probably be the guy to talk to.  

I don't recall any 6 string ESP/LTD with a 48mm nut. The 7 string EC (Les Paul) are 48mm.  

You may want to find a local ESP dealer and see if a 7 would work. Though it may not help with the large finger issue.  Worth a shot though unless they do indeed have a 6 /48mm.  I'm sure they would build a custom if finances allowed you that luxury.    

ESP Admin
Col L. wrote:

I am looking for a 6 string, solid body, RH, guitar with a 48mm nut width

(1 7/8").  Strat or LP style.

I have large fingers and arthritis and am now having trouble fretting on a 42/43 nut width guitar.

Any suggestions other than giving up?

:-)

We don't offer a 6-string guitar with 48MM nut width in our current product line.  

I would inquire with our Custom Shop who can build this type of guitar. 

Emma O.

If you're looking for a 6-string, solid body, right-handed guitar with a 48mm nut width (approximately 1 7/8") in either Strat or LP style, there are a few options you can consider. Here are a few suggestions:
Fender American Professional II Stratocaster: The Fender American Professional II Stratocaster offers a modern Strat style with a slightly wider nut width of 1.685" (42.8mm). While it doesn't meet the exact 48mm nut width requirement, it might still provide some relief compared to a narrower neck. tunnel rush 

Post to Thread