EC-1001 vs EC-1000

Updated
Steven M.

Is there a way to get the unfinished, non-lacquered feel of the EC-1000 on an EC-1001FR?  Or to simply put a floyd rose in an EC-1000?  I know they are essentially the same guitar, but I don't like the lacquered feel of the 1001...

Carl N.

Gear Orphanage had an exclusive EC1000fr Vintage Black some time ago, I'd recommend googling that to see if any more are still available

ESP Admin
Steven M. wrote:

Is there a way to get the unfinished, non-lacquered feel of the EC-1000 on an EC-1001FR?  Or to simply put a floyd rose in an EC-1000?  I know they are essentially the same guitar, but I don't like the lacquered feel of the 1001...

One way to do this would be using 600 grit sandpaper to rub down the gloss on the neck.

It will essentially scuff but not take off the finish of the neck and will give you the satin feel you are looking for. 

The other way would be to have a professionally trained guitar tech route out your guitar and install a floyd rose.  

Either way we always reccomend you take your guitar to a professional tech to make these kind of modifications properly. 

Post to Thread