tea sunburst

Updated
tea sunburst

that new eclipse tea sunburst is really nice. i just hope that they can make it with the same quality as custom shops for that price. and i'm also going to have to pop in some emg's so that sucks.

they also cut too much wood out of the back, not acceptable for 4,000.

Jeff H.

Cut too much wood out of the back? It's full thickness with a solid back..... 

Death Magnetic

its chambered. plus the cavity is bigger like on normal eclipses. the cavities are smaller on the sigs and customs.

load more replies (1 of 1)
JULIO I.

4000 ... muy caro...

Roger Carvalho

i thought this new USA eclipse are FT , but is the same like normal eclipse ?

TT

Tone is in the wood, not the thickness of the wood.

Custom shop LP's are lighter than non chambered LP's, because they use better quality tone woods.  CS LP's weigh in around what a chambered LP Standard comes in at.  That shoud tell you something about wood thickness vs tone.

Death Magnetic

you got it all backwards. they chamber lp's so they don't weigh as much as the vintage solid mahogony one's like the 8lbs.-10lbs. customs.

TT

Reread what I wrote.  YES, LP Standards are chambered to weight less. 

The point being, heavier guitars are not necessarily better sounding guitars, evidenced by Gibson CS LP's that use BETTER tone wood, which is LIGHTER than a NON chambered LP.  Meaning, the heavier NON chambered LP does not sound as good as the CS LP, both unchambered, full thickness.  It's the wood quality, not the wood weight.

Death Magnetic

What the fuck you talking about man? Customs are better guitars that use better wood and weigh more, period.

TT

Cussing won't prove your point. 

Custom shop LP's do NOT weigh more than Standards.  Go look it up.

LP Standards are chambered and easily exceed 9lbs.  CS LP's are typically under 9lbs at the heaviest, and they are NOT chambered, NOT weight relieved.

load more replies (1 of 1)
John A.

I bought a USA Eclipse to replace my LP Custom,,,,, very good descision, if you can get one at a good price, do it.

Post to Thread