M2 neckthru - neck problem

Updated
Łukasz P.

Hi Guys,

can you tell me if this neck shape is the norm in e2? Looks like too much sanding. I am very disappointed with what I took out of the box. Guitar bought from official ESP dealer

Eric P.

Man, I have a new EII on the way, so I'm going to look closely for defects. I'm not sure I would even notice that though without being aware of it. I zoomed in, and it looks worse from a distance. Not to say you don't have a valid point though, a new instrument shouldn't have defects. Does it affect playability at all? That would be my main concern, that the frets were low in that area. Is it noticeable when you are playing the instrument?

Łukasz P.

Believe me, it looks worse in real life than in the photo. It doesn't affect the play, but it's annoying every time I see it. My luthier said this could affect the stability of the neck with thick strings. I sent the guitar back to the store and they sent it to the official service center in Germany. We'll see what they tell me. Apart from that, the guitar is built very well

Eric P.

very cool that they are taking it back. Would love to hear how this works out if you can update the thread. Good luck man, I hope they take care of you.

Post to Thread