The balls hanging off of some people

Updated
The balls hanging off of some people

Can you believe that someone walked into my house, in the middle of the day, with someone home, and stole my number 2 ESP E2 M2 Urban Camo guitar.  The nads on that individual must be huge!!  My roommate said he didn't hear anything.  This baffled me and the police.  I mean, I have insurance, but still, the sentimental value, each guitar is unique, with it's own tone and playability.  Now I gotta order a new one and set it up the way I like it, and learn it's quirks and playability.  Hey at least i'll get to smell that new factory smell when I open up the guitar case for the first time!  Still I miss number 2 and I have to move on to number 3 and I still have number 1, the idiot didn't lay a hand on that one and they were both sitting right next to each other, in guitar stands???  Go figure???  Well I got number 3 and it's a 2018 model, and I think I got lucky once again, cause I can't find any defects on the guitar, just like number 1 and 2.  ESP makes quality stuff, especially the MIJ(E2) stuff, I know this because I've ordered 3 of the same guitar and not found a defect one on all 3 of them(and I picked them apart with caliper measurements, ruler measurements, physical inspection), and all 3 of them are shred machines(once I got them set-up how I liked them, which is pretty much factory with string height adjustment, and pickup height adjustment)  The fret job that ESP has done on these guitars is sensational with no buzzing or dead notes.  I'm just really picky when it comes to my guitars and I would only order blindly(internet)ESP products, cause I know i'm gonna get a quality instrument.  Thanks ESP!!!!

Boso

Sorry bro. First thing I would do is hit up all the local music stores and pawn shops, like ASAP. Brings pics and the serial number. 

Jshannon3

Yeah, my buddy, who is a private investigator, took my info(serial number and description)and plugged it into the computer and found the guitar in a pawn shop over a 100 miles away in Zanesville OH.  The guy who pawned it used a fake ID and pawned it for 500 dollars, my buddy contacted the state highway patrol, to try and confiscate the guitar, but they told him since I got paid by the insurance company for the replacement of the guitar, I no longer have ownership rights to the old guitar, the insurance company owns it, the insurance company can confiscate it.  I mean I already have a new guitar when all this went down.  The old guitar belongs to the insurance company, so i guess they contacted the pawn shop and used the sheriff to confiscate the guitar, since it was pawned with a fake ID, no one got busted, I guess the pawn shop got fucked out of 500 bucks, so my buddy tells me and the insurance company(Allstate) has one ESP E2 M2 Urban Camo guitar to put up at auction.  So ends the story, I didn't find out who stole it , dammit!!!!

Jshannon3
Jshannon3 wrote:

Yeah, my buddy, who is a private investigator, took my info(serial number and description)and plugged it into the computer and found the guitar in a pawn shop over a 100 miles away in Zanesville OH.  The guy who pawned it used a fake ID and pawned it for 500 dollars, my buddy contacted the state highway patrol, to try and confiscate the guitar, but they told him since I got paid by the insurance company for the replacement of the guitar, I no longer have ownership rights to the old guitar, the insurance company owns it, the insurance company can confiscate it.  I mean I already have a new guitar when all this went down.  The old guitar belongs to the insurance company, so i guess they contacted the pawn shop and used the sheriff to confiscate the guitar, since it was pawned with a fake ID, no one got busted, I guess the pawn shop got fucked out of 500 bucks, so my buddy tells me and the insurance company(Allstate) has one ESP E2 M2 Urban Camo guitar to put up at auction.  So ends the story, I didn't find out who stole it , dammit!!!!

Oh yeah, we changed all the locks on the doors at the house, and everything is locked up whenever anyone is home, new rule!!!!!

ColeJustesen

I hate thieves! I hope karma catches up with the jerk! It is good to hear that the insurance company took care of you, and you were able to get another guitar.

Cole

Jshannon3

I hate thieves to man, karma will catch up to them, if my 12 gauge doesn't catch them in the act first!!LOL

Durethia

"My roommate ..."

You may trust them, you may love them, but such is not always mutual when they gaze upon your nice stuff, that might sell quickly on the used market.

I say from experience, limited experience fortunately, that roommates suck.

Jshannon3

Yeah, that thought crossed my mind("My roommate"), but my roommate is 76 years old and an old Marine vet, he's a proud American, he can barely walk too, I seriously doubt he had anything to do with it.  The person that did this has been staking out the house, memorizing our patterns, they knew exactly when we weren't home, and knew we left the doors unlocked when someone was home, I feel that it is a close friend, someone that knows I have these guitars, but we lock up now, so good luck trying to get in now!!

Rint1

Good post, thanks)

Robert O.

Yeah jshannon, that sucks...but, My money is on a close "friend" who you trust, who if caught in the act believes he/she could give you an excuse youd likely go for. Someone that was close enough to leave your other guitar and belongings....yep, a very close friend.

decoy205

I agree it was someone you knew.  They knew it was your number 2 also.  If it was just a reg thief why would they leave the others?

Post to Thread