E-II ECBB PICK UP ?

Updated
E-II ECBB PICK UP ?

I recently purchased the E-II ECBB in satin black.

comes with the EMG81 EMG60 pickups.

QUESTION:

Are these pickups plug and play pickups ? 

I could not get an answer before purchasing, I could pull them out while between string changes and find out but wanted to ask the community first.

If plug n play I am going to swap them out for a Het set.. of EMG's 

I have an EC1001TCTM with the "TWIN" pickups on its way :-) but I have a set of JH het sets ready to be dropped in and not sure if I will place them in this E-II ECBB or another guitar...

Thanks for any clarification

Pushead

Yes, they are the quick connect, solderless system.

AZULJAY

AWESOME! 

Thank you Pushead! 

I am going to swap em out for the JH het set and see how they sound.

:-)

Fred J.

....great pickups

Gerald O.

Oh, interesting, I am not so brave but would like to try this too. Tell us how it goes please? Cheers!

AZULJAY

Hey Gerald

After purchasing the new EC 1000T CTM in (snow white) with the new! 57/66 TW duel mode pickups... I am no longer going to install the Het set in the E-II BB. I am going to drop in the 57/66TW's when they become available for purchase. I am going to get a new wiring kit with the push pull capability so that I can drop in the 57/66TW's because after comparing the 2 guitars... I prefer the E-II BB body and overall feel as it fits me like a glove. However the new pickups that come with the EC 1000T CTM are killer pickups, I have compared them to the 81/60's which are single mode pickups so maybe not a fair comparison but the versatility and overall quality in the new 57/66TW's is revolutionary.. they are similar to the Het set pickups from what I have been told but more versatile and that I can agree with having used them now.. So while the EII BB is my preferred choice for guitar fit and finish the sound quality the 1000T CTM produces with the new Twin push pull pickups makes it my go to guitar for now.

I have various gear but right now I am finding pleasure running through an iRig stomp with the Tonebridge application and going out to a JBL party box believe it or not :-) I use ultimate Guitar for my tabs which has built in Tonebridge and that set up right there has improved my playing leaps and bounds. having the right tone can change the way you play a certain song or in general and to capture a wide variety of tones you need versatility and thats why the 57/66TW's are the most revolutionary pickups in my opinion... I can get classic LP sounds but switch a toggle and push or pull a knob and dial in a tone to mimic single coil hard tails :-) esp with the Tonebridge application.. 

So yeah I am going to toss the Het set in another guitar and once the 57/66TW's are available on the market  ( MAY / 2019 ) I am snatching up a set with a new wiring kit :-) then drop them in the EII BB and that will be my go to guitar.. For me personally it won't get much better than that.. I will keep you posted :-)

Rick_Kala

How did they work out for you? I have the 57/66 in my Horizon and really like them. I also own the Het Set and both sets offer something different.

Post to Thread