M-II "Thin U" vs Eclipse "Thin U"? Is it really the same neck shape?

Updated
M-II "Thin U" vs Eclipse "Thin U"?  Is it really the same neck shape?

Hi all

I'm considering getting an MIJ M-II in left handed (THANK YOU ESP for supporting lefties). 

However, there is no shop nearby me to test it out. I did own an Eclipse a few months ago, and the neck profile is "Thin U", which is the same as the new M-II. 

Should I expect the same neck feel? Of course the body feel and scale length are different, but is the Eclipse Thin U is the same back shape as the M-II thin U as the name suggests?

James O.

I have an E-II Eclipse and an E-II M-II.  Both have fantastic feeling necks.  The biggest difference will be the 24 frets on the M-II compared to the 22 fret Eclipse.  Plus the through body M-II doesn't have much of a heel joint so upper fret access is perfect.

The Japanese made M-II's are incredible guitars.  I say go for it.  Most online retailers will give you some time to try the guitar out to make sure it's right for you.

Ranger Jay

For all practical purposes, they are the same neck profile. However, each guitar "hangs" differently on strap, and the difference between bridges makes the two of them "feel" different than the other. I have both, and they both have very well done necks and frets. They are just such different beasts that they do not feel the same in hand. They are two very different guitars. I have no problem switching between them, neck wise.

dubster82

I have LTD's Snakebyte and Iron Cross. Both "Thin U" apparently but they're nothing like each other.

Post to Thread