Anyone have any idea what kind of chemicals I can use on these Urban Camo guitars to clean them???

Updated
Anyone have any idea what kind of chemicals I can use on these Urban Camo guitars to clean them???

I’ve got 2 of these new E2 M2 Urban Camo guitars with no idea of what kind of chemicals I can use on them to clean them.  The owners manual says to use lemon oil on the fretboard, but isn’t clear what to use on the body, especially these Urban Camo paint jobs.  I’ve always used Windex on my other guitars, but they had glossy finishes, not like these Urban Camos which is a flat finish.  I don’t want to dull the finish with Windex.  I shot an email out to ESP customer service to ask them to see what they say.  I figure soapy water on a dust free, lint free rag to get the sweat and dirt off, then dry, and a nice layer of some kind of oil or preservative to protect the finish.  Does anyone on here have the same kind of question I have?  If you do please reply.

Jshannon3

Update:  Contact from ESP CUSTOMER SERVICE:  I got an email back from ESP CUSTOMER SERVICE and they instructed me to use a damp micro fiber cloth with a little Windex for the rough areas, no oils or polishes because they will stain.  Man dodged a bullet with that one because I was online looking to buy some guitar polish for matte finishes and that is a no no!  They reminded me to use lemon oil for the rosewood fretboard, a very little bit.  I got that.  I got the microfiber cloth.  Now just need some Windex.  I figure the white color will be the hardest to keep clean so I’ll focus my attention on that while cleaning an extra bit.  Man i’m glad I contacted ESP and they replied because I was ordering some polish when the email came in. Whew!!

Post to Thread