New Eclipse

Updated
RKaynan

Yesterday I received my brand new E-II BB and am very impressed.  Straight out of the box it is great.

Does anyone know for sure what strings came with the guitar?   They are just fantastic. 

tx-ogre

Congrats on your new Eclipse.  According to the FAQ page, it should have come strung with D'Addario 10-46.  Great strings.  I have used them for years.

RKaynan

I knew they were 10-46 because that's what I use but not the brand.  Too bad we don't know what exact string series it is.  Thanks for your reply. 

tx-ogre

They're most likely EXL110s.  Some U.S. online vendors sell them for around $3.75 a pack if you buy in bulk (10+ packs).  I use them on my six 6 string guitars and EXL110-7 version on my 7 string.

if you want to be certain, you can always send an e-mail to tech support at the ESP website or post request to the "Ask ESP" forum for verification.

RKaynan

So, I opened up my case for the first time since buying the guitar a couple of weeks ago.  Inside the flap was an Elixir Nanoweb tag.  I must assume my new guitar came with those strings rather than what was posted by ESP on their FAQs. 

neveser
RKaynan wrote:

So, I opened up my case for the first time since buying the guitar a couple of weeks ago.  Inside the flap was an Elixir Nanoweb tag.  I must assume my new guitar came with those strings rather than what was posted by ESP on their FAQs. 

Mine did too. I've had 2 strings snap at the tuner in the 2 weeks I've had it. I replaced them both with the Elixir's and they feel the same.

RKaynan

Thanks Craig

RKaynan

Wow, I hooped the strings were a cheaper series because of this I now I have quite a high standard. 

Rikki Tikki Tavi

Mine came strung with either Daddario or Cleartone or something...I like Ernie Ball's, significant improvements after changing strings and installing a new battery when guitar was new.

RKaynan

I now use Elixir Nanoweb 10-52's.   To me, the brighter, the better.  Who makes the brightest quality coated strings?

Post to Thread